I'm BBQing. What do you marinate your steaks with? Hamburger secrets?

Originally Posted by Ghenges

What is a dice of meat stock?

I thought stock is a liquid and if so, how much is a dice?
You can find meat stock cubed, although you can just as easily make your own.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

With short ribs, there's only one way to go.

2 cups soy sauce
1 cup sugar
Lots of garlic
A little ginger
Sliced white onion
Chopped scallions
Black Pepper

Now, that sounds like something I've done!

Originally Posted by Yoda

Steak should never be marinated, dressed, or seasoned with anything other than salt and pepper.

Chicken, pork, fish on the other hand, marinade away.
I agree... partially, but when it comes to short ribs, you need to add some flavoring IMO. As far as hamburgers go. Do any of you throw it inthe fridge for a day before grilling? I heard this make a difference. I usually make mine right before I grill.

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

Yoda wrote:

Steak should never be marinated, dressed, or seasoned with anything other than salt and pepper.

I agree... partially, but when it comes to short ribs, you need to add some flavoring IMO. As far as hamburgers go. Do any of you throw it in the fridge for a day before grilling? I heard this make a difference. I usually make mine right before I grill.

Steak should never be marinated. A rub is all you need. For short ribs, I just go to my local Koreanmarket and get pre-marinated kalbi. The marinade seems easy enough to make, but I'm lazy.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by JAYMATIK

Yoda wrote:

I agree... partially, but when it comes to short ribs, you need to add some flavoring IMO. As far as hamburgers go. Do any of you throw it in the fridge for a day before grilling? I heard this make a difference. I usually make mine right before I grill.
Steak should never be marinated. A rub is all you need. For short ribs, I just go to my local Korean market and get pre-marinated kalbi. The marinade seems easy enough to make, but I'm lazy.

And you're quoting because you think he doesn't agree?

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Now this,

THIS

is a REAL thread. Take notes.

Im right on it for the next bbq
pimp.gif

No, I'm agreeing. But thanks for the freepost.

The steak rub from Penzey's Spices is amazing and you should all try it.

i keep it simple

set up the grill, let the coals completely ash over.

usda choice or prime cut steak; new york, porter, ribeye

sprinkle a little kosher salt on both sides, keep covered on the counter for 2hrs.

pat dry with towel, this helps with the browning.

fresh cracked black pepper, a little more kosher salt.

grill 4 mins on each side. no touching, no poking, no looking. let the flames do all the work.

Pre-made BBQ sauce is another
smh.gif
with me.

Make your own, take out what you don't like, and put more of what you do.

I've got my sauce for ribs that I swear you'd think some ol' timer from the south is making it. Not tryin' to brag, but they're that damngood.

Originally Posted by KNUDslpm

i agree, i just poke it with a fork, rub some olive oil, salt and pepper in and it's ready.
NO! WHY!

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by KNUDslpm

i agree, i just poke it with a fork, rub some olive oil, salt and pepper in and it's ready.
NO! WHY!
+1. Don't poke it or the juice will drain.

Pre-made BBQ sauce is another
smh.gif
with me.

Make your own, take out what you don't like, and put more of what you do.

I've got my sauce for ribs that I swear you'd think some ol' timer from the south is making it. Not tryin' to brag, but they're that damn good.
This is a recipe secret thread. OUT WITH IT!

Just copped some replacement parts for my weber grill.

MOAR marinate, rub, sauce info plz. tips/tricks etc

ill be bbq'n grass fed beef i copped from uswellnessmeats.com. dem ribeye steaks :pimp:

Last edited:
i keep it simple

set up the grill, let the coals completely ash over.

usda choice or prime cut steak; new york, porter, ribeye

sprinkle a little kosher salt on both sides, keep covered on the counter for 2hrs.

pat dry with towel, this helps with the browning.

fresh cracked black pepper, a little more kosher salt.

grill 4 mins on each side. no touching, no poking, no looking. let the flames do all the work.

That's exactly right - bringing to room temp and patting them dry makes a great difference.

My chicken is great. It works with anything but if we're having a lot of people I buy those big bags of frozen drumsticks. You can do a ton of them for about $10.

Thaw thoroughly, then toss in a little oil and salt and pepper. Sometimes use some Cajun spices here too.

Then throw them on a hot grill until the outside goes a good color. Turn them so it's even. Then move them so they're not over the heat and baste them with BBQ sauce mixed with a little cola. Turn them and baste them a few times but leave until they are 165F and that's it. Good flavour but really juicy and tender inside.

Last edited:
Excellent bump, at the right type of weather too. It's BBQ, BEER, and B!@#$%

Last edited:
word...steaks don't need any marinading or sauce...straight salt and pepper...don't be shy of the salt though...you have to realize all that meat on the inside isn't getting seasoning at all...lather the steak with salt...

with ribs a rub is all you need...no sauce again...of course thats texas style ribs...

chicken...non flavored yogurt will break down the toughness of the chicken...i found that ''olive garden'' italian dressing work great for tenderness as well..

Back
Top Bottom