Im confused with cussin on national television

Originally Posted by nick0lis

yes
Way to up your post count troll
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KnightHawk23

FX has straight %!! an ******* on their station, an every curse word in the book.
i will be tuning in more often then.

Why don't they just allow cusses?..nothing wrong with it imo because we kids watching the rated R movies probably already know these cuss words

everytime a network(channel) has a show or movie before after hours with a cussword they get fined.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Does it really even matter? You have an essay or something to write on TV censorship? Email TNT or something.

huh? what is your problem? Son asked a question...if you didn't have an answer, why did you post? You herb.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

They say the b word and a on a lot of shows but block it on others. Then south park had an entire episode saying s.....It doesn't make sense.

SouthPark made a whole lot of sense. i believe it was NYPD blue was "allowed" to say S!!! uncensored because it was "artistic."and"they" werent gonna allow SP to do the same...would be unfair and SP made a mockery of it, just like the whole Familyguy and Muhammad thing. Its sad cause depictions of Muhammad, Jesus, Joseph Smith, God, and many other religious figures had already been done onSouthPark.

he said mothersucker and not the other word, TNT censors those words. you heard wrong becaue i was watching that as well.

the censorhsip thing is way too complicated, allow it or dont, not this half %%# stuff

in denmark theres ZERO censorship, and you might think thats a bad thing, but if theres no censorship theres no "bad words" either, I just got back,and i took a few classes and got official proof that Im fluent in danish now, and in classes and assemblies and whatever, teachers wouldnt have a problem withany type of cursing and there were student made videos including sex, drinking etc.

Our group was 120 ranging from 15-17 y/o. Wouldnt the world be better if we could talk freely about the things around us , like sex, drinking and anything elsedeemed censor-worthy instead of turning a blind eye?

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I'm still appauld at the fact BET lets %##@@, %+!, @#@%@ go but not bank robber?[/color]
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]But i'm sorry i'm grown and i dont llike the fact that swears are let...[/color]

i dont get it either..
you can say the B word .. but females are offended by it ..
you can't say anything on ESPN..
you can say the n-bomb word to boondocks..
you can say just about any derogatory term truthfully...

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

FCC regulates cursing on all network broadcasts; usually they might allow some more pg-13 language to slip by in later hours (in Britain they have "the
watershed" which is a period after which explict language and images can be shown with warning but not before). Cable channels aren't regulated by the
FCC and they don't have to follow these same rules but they typically do as to not offend advertisers.
This.

x2

After 11 or 12 on Comedy Central, they hold NOTHING back. They show South Park the movie like once a month at midnight and block nothing...They even show the satan and Saddam bed scene.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Idk but I hope they dont start allowing curses on every channel
indifferent.gif

Why the stoneface though?

I wouldn't want my kids to start cussin like a sailor, how bout you?
Well don't let your kids watch TV. Tell them to play board games or draw or something.
tired.gif

EBW, you're a good guy and a vet on the board, but seriously? You sound stupid right now.

I definitely wouldnt want my kids hearing a bunch of cussing on "regular" tv stations.

if its after a certain time, its all fair game though.

Originally Posted by YungSwagga

everytime a network(channel) has a show or movie before after hours with a cussword they get fined.
What's after hours though?

Nine? Ten? After midnight? How much is the fine by the way?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom