I'm from CA. I will be visiting NY.

Good luck finding some of that fire... 
pimp.gif

Get ready to see a lot of broke people pretending that they're balling

NY = Capital of broke people trying to stunt

things that will make your experience more enjoyable:

use your smartphone to look for directions, do not ask the natives for directions.
if you take the subway, put the subway map on your phone. do not stand in front of people looking at the maps on the trains
do not walk like an old injured person unless you are an old injured person.
if your nervous just stay in CA, you'll just get in the way over here.

nyc are known for people rushing from point A to B like they are busy. in some areas, I assume so, but other areas are just hoods.

NYC peeps dont wait. i've seen some where they wouldn't even want to wait 3 mins to put in their order for coffee.

the coolest thing is when an asian fob speaks english w/ an italian accent. lolz

Originally Posted by KenJi714

isn't that the American dream, b?

the amount of corn , and hatred for one of the greatest cities in the world is wack.

Halal cart , Uptown Hit Da heightz 182nd and st nicks to be exact you will see the secret Niketalk Character "ninjahood" with his car and driver talking bout hemis , And go to dyckman.

Just hit up good food spots, GO UPTOWN and to the BX them latin mamis is out in full force.........

if your white , and got "swag" baby bop will be had.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

What are some musts while I'm out there?

Go to "Da Heightz" if you want to see big booty Dominican girls .
Never been to Cali but i heard the pizza is horrible ,most of the pizza shops out here are owned by traditional Italians and they know how to hook it up .
Williamsburg is sort of a Art , hipster scene , and the Lower East Side is like the fairfax of NY , you can find a lot of good stores over there .
It's easy to get around if you know how to take the train .

I'd really like to know where all these NY haters are from...

And the advice given by some of you NYers is trash... Dyckman? smh.

Hit up Joe's Shanghai in chinatown (cheap and delicious soup dumplings)... Island Burger in Hell's Kitchen...Thrift stores in the East Village... Sheeps Meadow in Central Park (bring beers)...  If you're into hooping, go to the cage on West 4th (just to say you did)... Rent a bike and ride on the west side highway bike path and in central park (no cars there on the weekend)...

Best neighborhoods to go out IMOP: L.E.S, East Village, and Meat Packing (prepare to spent $$$ in meatpacking though)... A good place to get wasted before going more expensive spots in those areas is Welcome to the Johnsons in the L.E.S. ($2 PBRs)

enjoy.  

Me and the misses will be there in two weeks until the 5th. Already have a bunch of things lined up. Weather suppose to be blazing right?

Originally Posted by patso3000

I'd really like to know where all these NY haters are from...

And the advice given by some of you NYers is trash... Dyckman? smh.

Hit up Joe's Shanghai in chinatown (cheap and delicious soup dumplings)... Island Burger in Hell's Kitchen...Thrift stores in the East Village... Sheeps Meadow in Central Park (bring beers)...  If you're into hooping, go to the cage on West 4th (just to say you did)... Rent a bike and ride on the west side highway bike path and in central park (no cars there on the weekend)...

Best neighborhoods to go out IMOP: L.E.S, East Village, and Meat Packing (prepare to spent $$$ in meatpacking though)... A good place to get wasted before going more expensive spots in those areas is Welcome to the Johnsons in the L.E.S. ($2 PBRs)

enjoy.  

My co-worker told me about that bike ride, said it was pretty nice. I would love to hoop also, but the wife ain't having that on OUR vacation lol. Sorry for thread jacking OP

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Also the capitol of rich people actually stunting...

Clearly, you fall under the broke person who looks broke category though.   

I curious about NYC as well. Me and my Lady will be there from June 30th till July 8th. I have no idea what to do or where to start. Any NTer's know some cool places to watch the 4th of July fireworks or have any must have food spots. I know its all opinion but the more options I have the better. I would greatly appreciate the advice!

Went to NYC last year for the first time last year, wasn't all the impressed....not saying NYC is bad... just not worth the hype IMO...

going back this fall for a cousin wedding again tho

NYC Metro >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SF Muni tho ....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom