I'm from Canada! Oh! Oh! Oh! CANADA

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by quiickz

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Hey, which nation's National Hockey League do all these Canadian players compete in?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL
The league was organized in 1917 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I think he means that out of the 30 NHL Teams...all but 6 are in the USA
nerd.gif

Look I spend alot time in Canada and know alot Canadians and I think the nation of Canada as a whole has a HUGE little brother complex with the USA. I mean look at the culture pretty much they take everything from the USA. Canada is so protectionist in its policies toward the US its not even funny. I guess all those Canadian content requirements have been good for music coming from there....Tragically Hip,Drake,Feist, Alanis Morrisette etc.

I love how Canadians claim that the US sucks etc but seriously 85 percent of them would love to live in the USA and they know it deep in their hearts. I mean why wouldnt you The US basically has the same culture with better weather, less expensive, less taxes, cheaper schools, better entertainment etc.

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put  down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

Canada just do you
No offense, but other than sneaker releases, what do you have going for you?
I don't know too many Canadians that would want:
A) Horrible Health Care
B) An Education system that's not ranked in the top 10
C) The Top 1% of the wealthiest people owning MORE than the bottom 95%

You make unethical trade agreements; and countries comply because you'll just bomb them if they don't (Iraq anyone?).
You're youth are so mind numbed, that the next thing that comes out of Paris Hilton's mouth (that isn't a D***) is the new catch phrase.
25% of your GDP is generated from DEBT.

I could go on, but I think we all get the point.
So in conclusion, the only thing I want from the US is some Foamposite Releases.
That is all.

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Hey, which nation's National Hockey League do all these Canadian players compete in?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL

nerd.gif

Look I spend alot time in Canada and know alot Canadians and I think the nation of Canada as a whole has a HUGE little brother complex with the USA. I mean look at the culture pretty much they take everything from the USA. Canada is so protectionist in its policies toward the US its not even funny. I guess all those Canadian content requirements have been good for music coming from there....Tragically Hip,Drake,Feist, Alanis Morrisette etc.

I love how Canadians claim that the US sucks etc but seriously 85 percent of them would love to live in the USA and they know it deep in their hearts. I mean why wouldnt you The US basically has the same culture with better weather, less expensive, less taxes, cheaper schools, better entertainment etc.

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put  down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

Canada just do you
A) Horrible Health Care

You make unethical trade agreements; and countries comply because you'll just bomb them if they don't (Iraq anyone?).
You're youth are so mind numbed, that the next thing that comes out of Paris Hilton's mouth (that isn't a D***) is the new catch phrase.

So in conclusion, the only thing I want from the US is some Foamposite Releases.
That is all.
laugh.gif
 Why are you debating with me over a subject that was done 6 weeks ago? Those points you made, Do you actually know this or are you spouting off some talking points. Look I've lived in Canada and its a great country but I'm just going on what I see, that a bunch of Canadians would trade places with Americans in a second. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL

nerd.gif

Canada just do you
A) Horrible Health Care

That is all.
laugh.gif
 Why are you debating with me over a subject that was done 6 weeks ago? Those points you made, Do you actually know this or are you spouting off some talking points. Look I've lived in Canada and its a great country but I'm just going on what I see, that a bunch of Canadians would trade places with Americans in a second. 

I forgot about the Canada forum and just noticed it; not to mention some of the stuff you said is intolerably disappointing.
If you notice, most of the things you claim Canadians want that the US has are all based on preoccupying people's minds.
Worse education: Canada tops the US in Reading, Writing, and Science
Better entertainment? Self explanatory.
And the people you talked to probably have no idea what it's like to have to go to a doctor for some codeine, and have to pay $100 for some pain relief.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

FAIL

nerd.gif

Canada just do you
A) Horrible Health Care

That is all.
laugh.gif

I forgot about the Canada forum and just noticed it; not to mention some of the stuff you said is intolerably disappointing.
If you notice, most of the things you claim Canadians want that the US has are all based on preoccupying people's minds.
Worse education: Canada tops the US in Reading, Writing, and Science
Better entertainment? Self explanatory.
And the people you talked to probably have no idea what it's like to have to go to a doctor for some codeine, and have to pay $100 for some pain relief.

roll.gif
Dude what are you talking about with the Codeine part? You have a bad little brother complex with the US. If you read my previous posts I never bashed Canada, I'm just saying what I see. I never said every Canadian wants to live in the US, but we both know their are alot Canadians that do. Its not a bad thing either  because the US and Canada are basically the same damn country. Some people may prefer one type of lifestyle and some may like another lifestyle.

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

this whole thread is pretty much americans puttin canadians/canada down lol

just sayin...

Originally Posted by mellowg

Canada is a cool country with lots of great things going for it but it just irriates me when they try to put down the USA to make themselves feel better. Most Americans dont put down Canada they just really dont think about it. Its irrevalant to them.

just sayin...
Exactly, I'm just sticking up for my people.
(This is directed @ "Mister Friendly")
Regardless, if people actually knew what it was like, I'm sure whoever you talked to would be singing to a different tune.
Maybe an example you might be able to understand:
My cousin from yonkers got a scholarship to NYU for HALF of her tuition! She didnt go because the other half of the tuition was More than paying for 3/4 of the tuition at her current state university.

RaptorNation wrote:
mellowg wrote:

just sayin...
Exactly, I'm just sticking up for my people.
(This is directed @ "Mister Friendly")
Regardless, if people actually knew what it was like, I'm sure whoever you talked to would be singing to a different tune.
Maybe an example you might be able to understand:
My cousin from yonkers got a scholarship to NYU for HALF of her tuition! She didnt go because the other half of the tuition was More than paying for 3/4 of the tuition at her current state university.

Whats your point with this? You know NYU is a prestigious private university in the middle of Manhattan? WHat you thought it was gonna be cheap
roll.gif

You sound like you are just spitting out stuff you've heard thru other sketchy people, Until you've lived in UNited States for a expended period of time,you're really not qualifed to talk about it. I've lived inCanada for a extended period of time and I'm telling you Canada and the United States basically just liberal and conservative versions of each other. The other main differences are what I said before weather,cost of living and entertainment etc.

Ok, and UofT and York University have some of the best Law and Business programs in the world, but you don't have to pay 40k/ year for tuition.
So I ask you again, what schools are cheaper in the US? The inner city public schools?

And what information sounds "too good to be true?"
Obviously your blinded by the corporate structure that is your government.
So if you really think we are an imitation of the US, please lobby your government and ours to stop this assimilation, because I would hate to live in a country that resembles the USA.

Oh, and about me not being "qualified" enough to speak on the living/political/economic/social conditions in the US; remember your country is under the microscope of every nation in the world,
and its quite likely that someone is writing a book called "What Not to Do: The Abomination That is the Current US of A"

RaptorNation wrote:
Ok, and UofT and York University have some of the best Law and Business programs in the world, but you don't have to pay 40k/ year for tuition.
So I ask you again, what schools are cheaper in the US? The inner city public schools?

So if you really think we are an imitation of the US, please lobby your government and ours to stop this assimilation, because I would hate to live in a country that resembles the USA.

Oh, and about me not being "qualified" enough to speak on the living/political/economic/social conditions in the US; remember your country is under the microscope of every nation in the world,
and its quite likely that someone is writing a book called "What Not to Do: The Abomination That is the Current US of A"

You sound like a 16 yr old idiot.

Corporate? I guess Toronto and Bay St arent corporate?

How the heck is the USA trying to assimilate Canada, we share the same hertiage( The British) and we are the same continent, of course we're gonna be pretty dang similar. smart guy.

The Canadian government already has so many protectionist policies toward the US already.

And no you arent qualified to talk about the US because you never lived there, you sound as dumb as people from the South who think its cold all year long in Canada and that most people live in igloos.

RaptorNation wrote:

How the heck is the USA trying to assimilate Canada, we share the same hertiage( The British) and we are the same continent, of course we're gonna be pretty dang similar. smart guy.

The Canadian government already has so many protectionist policies toward the US already.

And no you arent qualified to talk about the US because you never lived there, you sound as dumb as people from the South who think its cold all year long in Canada and that most people live in igloos.
roll.gif
Reducing yourself to name calling sir? Well it seems you've lost all your integrity with your last post, so I will conclude with this final one.
Of course there are major aspects of the corporation in Canada; it's evident in all developed nations with competitive economies, but unlike the US, Bay St does not run the government like Wall St runs Capitol Hill.
And in a rebuttal to the assimilation argument: the example of assimilation being the effect that corporations have on politics in the US (ridiculous amounts of lobbying capital) has not yet reached the same levels in Canada as in the US, but Canadian politicians (coerced by the US government) are pushing for the unrestricted donations that US politicians enjoy today. ie Obama receiving $ 1 000 000 from Goldman Sachs.
And you want to talk about protectionist policies? NAFTA was the worst piece of legislation the Canadian government ever signed, and guess who the beneficiary of it is? You guessed it!
At least I'm informed sir; I have done my homework, and I wished you would have done the same. If only you knew what horrors your government is capable of.
Now I leave you respectfully with a quote from one of your own people, and I then ask you to tell me that your country is so much better than mine:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies...If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue oftheir currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks andcorporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people ofall property until their children wake up homeless on the continenttheir Fathers conquered."
-Thomas Jefferson

RaptorNation wrote:

roll.gif
Reducing yourself to name calling sir? Well it seems you've lost all your integrity with your last post, so I will conclude with this final one.
Of course there are major aspects of the corporation in Canada; it's evident in all developed nations with competitive economies, but unlike the US, Bay St does not run the government like Wall St runs Capitol Hill.
And in a rebuttal to the assimilation argument: the example of assimilation being the effect that corporations have on politics in the US (ridiculous amounts of lobbying capital) has not yet reached the same levels in Canada as in the US, but Canadian politicians (coerced by the US government) are pushing for the unrestricted donations that US politicians enjoy today. ie Obama receiving $ 1 000 000 from Goldman Sachs.
And you want to talk about protectionist policies? NAFTA was the worst piece of legislation the Canadian government ever signed, and guess who the beneficiary of it is? You guessed it!
At least I'm informed sir; I have done my homework, and I wished you would have done the same. If only you knew what horrors your government is capable of.
Now I leave you respectfully with a quote from one of your own people, and I then ask you to tell me that your country is so much better than mine:

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies...If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."
-Thomas Jefferson

I didnt call you names. I wrote you "sound like a 16 yr old idiot" Reading is fundamental. There is a difference between calling somebody something and saying they are acting like something.

You really think Canadian politics arent influenced by money?
roll.gif

I know people that work in the Canadian poltics and they tell me the system is the same in the US or in Canada.  Except Canada is on a lesser scale because there is less popluation, therefore less money.

NAFTA?
laugh.gif
 You think Americans are in love with that legislation. Free trade agreements are hard for all parties because everybody feels they are being cheated. It all depends on your point of view.

You ramble on and on about the US but I'd be willing to bet that most of your experience with the USA involves running across the border to Buffalo or Michigan for the day. Until you actually live in the US and get involved with Americans for at least a year don't talk to me about the USA.
I've actually lived in Canada and observed and talked to Canadians. My knowledge isnt second hand.

Well, since I'm the one doing more research on the subject than you, this conversation seems to go from fact, to opinion.
So until you decide that facts are more important than your "word" let's kill this.
I was actually enjoying this back and forth, hopefully you start looking in to the things I was talking about (instead of looking past them) and realize I'm right.

im thinking about visiting toronto this summer
what are some nice sneaker joints to visit while there

Back
Top Bottom