I'm going to China

I have been to china on a 3 week trip and traveled to a number of cities out there mostly the big ones

especially hong kong, shanghai, and bejing

jays and nike aint no cheaper out there, and i doubt that anyone is gonna take you to one of the shoefactories out in the backwoods

when you go out there expect to see a number of li-ning shoes and shaq's (shaq signed to a chinese shoe company as well that makes shoes specific for badmitton)

if you go to hong kong there is a huge sneaker street, but mostly they have air forces n dunks, not much jordans. HongKong aint big so u wont have any trouble finding that street. Jayz aint cheap in Beijing or any other big cities. I heard only place to get cheap sneakers in china is Tian jin or tian jean w/e the name is. The factories are supposed to be there or smthing. Back in 2006 diz dude i know brought me 100% authentic DS unkle dunk size 11, black melvins size 9, hawaii dunk size 7, de la sol size 9.5 all for 30$ each.

if you go to hong kong there is a huge sneaker street, but mostly they have air forces n dunks, not much jordans. HongKong aint big so u wont have any trouble finding that street. Jayz aint cheap in Beijing or any other big cities. I heard only place to get cheap sneakers in china is Tian jin or tian jean w/e the name is. The factories are supposed to be there or smthing. Back in 2006 diz dude i know brought me 100% authentic DS unkle dunk size 11, black melvins size 9, hawaii dunk size 7, de la sol size 9.5 all for 30$ each.

Originally Posted by taivan

The sneaker street is dying because in the near future they're tearing that whole area down and putting up (another) mall. Have no fear though OP, if you're looking for new shoes its really easy to do so nowadays. We got two Nike Basketball Shops with most of the stuff the US gets, and there are loads of legit chains (nike shop included) that sells a lot of stuff. If you are seriously going to HK then pm me, I can find the address of the building along the sneaker street area that has more retro stuff. But in general, Nike retro is not as prevalent as before as HK culture basically follows the current trends, and the days of lining up for the Cali/Tiffany SBs are long gone.

I've been to Beijing/Shanghai several times, for the most part because they're new cities in the shoe game, you'll see a lot of Nike shops, but indie shops selling retro gear will be really rare to find. Just take in the sites in Beijing!

Originally Posted by taivan

The sneaker street is dying because in the near future they're tearing that whole area down and putting up (another) mall. Have no fear though OP, if you're looking for new shoes its really easy to do so nowadays. We got two Nike Basketball Shops with most of the stuff the US gets, and there are loads of legit chains (nike shop included) that sells a lot of stuff. If you are seriously going to HK then pm me, I can find the address of the building along the sneaker street area that has more retro stuff. But in general, Nike retro is not as prevalent as before as HK culture basically follows the current trends, and the days of lining up for the Cali/Tiffany SBs are long gone.

I've been to Beijing/Shanghai several times, for the most part because they're new cities in the shoe game, you'll see a lot of Nike shops, but indie shops selling retro gear will be really rare to find. Just take in the sites in Beijing!

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ 香港人?
Yah. Well, sorta. You?
Yep.  How so "sorta"?  
laugh.gif

Fa Yuen street is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Last time i was around that area in October it was a bit of a disappointment. There are plenty of other good places around and about though to pick up more recent releases and stuff so it isnt all bad news. It really all depends on what you are looking for really.

Fa Yuen street is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Last time i was around that area in October it was a bit of a disappointment. There are plenty of other good places around and about though to pick up more recent releases and stuff so it isnt all bad news. It really all depends on what you are looking for really.

Back
Top Bottom