I'm going to Washington D.C. for work this weekend. What should I see?

I'll be there from Saturday through Monday night for all these workshops and conferences. I won't have a car. The hotel is in Arlington, VA, Ithink. I'll probably have Monday afternoon/evening off.

What should I see and how do I get there? I'm a veteran Chicago public transportation rider so public transportation is an option.

Take a trip to the National Mall and see the Capitol, Washington Monument, and Lincoln Memorial

Stop by Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street for a bite

If you're in to the club scene try Fur or Love. I would recommend Ibiza, but last 2 times I went were TERRIBLE

Georgetown.
pimp.gif

Hit up the local shops there.

EVERYTHING!! Smithsonians, Georgetown (shopping) Adams Morgan, White House, there is so much more.

wear a condom...

but seriously go to the Smithsonian Museum, go the Sculpture Garden, check out the monuments

Alright, apparently I'm gonna be by the crystal lake stop on the blue and yellow line. How do I get to National Mall and all those other places from there?What stops if I'm taking the train?

hit gtown
go to the national mall
hit some museums
hit some bars/clubs
do some shopping.

its just like any other city.

Georgetown. Stop by the cigar shop in Georgetown if you have time, great place. Chill at the river front by the Potomac as well.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Alright, apparently I'm gonna be by the crystal lake stop on the blue and yellow line. How do I get to National Mall and all those other places from there? What stops if I'm taking the train?

Dude...just read the metro line map. It is so easy. You don't need us to tell you. It's gotta be one of the easiest systems in the country if not theworld.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Dude...just read the metro line map. It is so easy. You don't need us to tell you. It's gotta be one of the easiest systems in the country if not the world.

I've been looking at the map online, but sites aren't clearly marked to the corresponding stop.
eyes.gif

The online CTA map in Chicago, for example, has the downtown map clearly marked with places like the Sears Tower.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Georgetown. Stop by the cigar shop in Georgetown if you have time, great place. Chill at the river front by the Potomac as well.

is that the shop next to sports zone? if so i hate that place, everytime i go shoppin for shoes or somethin the sports zone REAKS of cigar smoke
smh.gif

nightlife i would recommend adams morgan if your a drinker, fur is ok and love is dope, is H20 still shut down? cosign homie up there ibiza has been wack thelast 3 times i went. im prolly never goin again.

edit: also, while your here you should stop by a carry out and cop some chicken n mambo sauce with a side of fries
pimp.gif
a DC staple meal

I've never been but the things on my list are:

The White House/Capitol/Lincoln Memorial
I would go and see the Declaration of Independence
The Smithsonian
Mount Vernon

probably try the Chili place too - I think my wife has that on her list.

you know what, living here all my life ive never been sight seeing, haha, i drive by all the monuments on the regular and never stopped to take a real look atthem, or any of the museums,
smh.gif

maybe ill do that one day with my son n baby mom

Back
Top Bottom