I'm maybe visiting Brooklyn next week

Ahh damn nvm then. I go to BK time to time so don't really know the distance from neighborhood to neighborhood. Ehh DiFara's...ehhh. Overhyped at best...not worth the hour plus wait in my humble opinion
Agreed. I would have to be in the neighborhood and have a bunch of time that I needed to kill to justify the wait. You could probably place your order, walk to L&B, eat a square slice, walk back, and your pizza still wouldn’t be ready. :rofl:

Grab cans at Other Half
Hometown BBQ, Lucali, Ugly Baby, and Court Street Grocers for food
George Motz also does random smashburger popups at his apartment/certain spots around the area that could be worth checking out
Grimm and Evil Twin are a bit north and east, but you can grab to-go beers at Grimm and go sit and drink them at Cooper Park. Evil Twin has outdoor seating.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
dying to try lucali. finally went NY last October, didn't have much time to venture out and spend a day in Brooklyn and that was my plan this year til covid hit :smh:

didn't hit any of the food spots mentioned, I kind of left that up to my wife and didn't really go anywhere out of our way for food

though I will mention she wanted chicken wings really bad when we got back to our airbnb and she ordered a dozen wings from Wangs bk which the total cost after tax, tip, and delivery fee was over $48 for a dozen wings :lol:

went to Evil Twin, Grimm, Finback, and Three's for drinks...Other Half and Folksbier for cans to go

post pandemic, I would bike from spot to spot rather than take public transportation

Agreed. I would have to be in the neighborhood and have a bunch of time that I needed to kill to justify the wait. You could probably place your order, walk to L&B, eat a square slice, walk back, and your pizza still wouldn’t be ready. :rofl:
Yeah man that wait was beyond ridiculous. Lol all that is so true, your pizza most def still won't be ready :lol: . We went last year & placed our order while we were still on the Jackie Robinson pkwy, arrived about 45 mins later & they didn't even start our order. All in it was about 1 1/2 hours after our call the pizza was ready. It wasn't bad pizza...but to wait that long for it or any food and for people to claim DiFara's as NYC's best slice???....that's a huge stretch imo. Not even close to being NYC's best pizza!

I heard difara got shut down for failing health inspections. It sure if it’s true though
Yeah last year & they have a history of violations. After Dom DeMarco gave it up the quality has gone down. Some people swear by it, but I remain firm it's overhyped pizza at best. They've since cleared up the violations & no new ones have been reported.

didn't hit any of the food spots mentioned, I kind of left that up to my wife and didn't really go anywhere out of our way for food

though I will mention she wanted chicken wings really bad when we got back to our airbnb and she ordered a dozen wings from Wangs bk which the total cost after tax, tip, and delivery fee was over $48 for a dozen wings :lol:

went to Evil Twin, Grimm, Finback, and Three's for drinks...Other Half and Folksbier for cans to go

post pandemic, I would bike from spot to spot rather than take public transportation
$48 for a dozen wings? Lol must be nice. Were they worth it?

Back
Top Bottom