im no fan of NEW YORK but this is pretty cool .....turning old railroad into a park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget woodstock for the hippies 
pimp.gif

When did I compare a city to a state? Didnt I list the big cities in FL vs the boroughs in NY?

ill take Miami, Lauderdale, West Palm, Destin, Panama City, Orlando, Tampa, Boca, Key West and so on over NYC & Buffalo ANY DAY

Florida as a state > NY as a state

I love NYC but out side of that yall state is :x

look out side of Miami our state still has plenty to look for

lets be real the only STATE (not one city) that we (Florida) acknowledge is California

California & Florida > ANY STATE IN AMERICA

Orlando is weak. Landlocked and nothing really going on otherwise besides amusement parks and golf courses.

Everything else you're talking about, the highlight is beach, beach and more beach. Ybor city, cool. Strip clubs in Tampa, cool.

I've been to all of those cities. I've driven through the entire state of FL numerous times.

We get it. You have nice beaches and FL has great places to vacation. Trust me, I wanted to live in Miami my whole life.

Then I moved there and couldn't wait to get the **** out. I understand NY ain't for everyone.

But there is a reason it is the cultural and financial capitol of the US.

1/2 of Florida resembles redneck GA.
QFT

Naaaaa still NY > Florida...outside of South Beach Miami is the slums..endless possibilities in NY...limited in Miami...although the weather is nice

Miami, Orlando, Key West, Tampa, Jacksonville/St. Augustine > Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and all the other graffiti filled ganglands.
Bruh, a 10 minute drive from South Beach will have you in the hoodest of hoods. You are trolling at this point.

And the hoods of NYC are far separated from the rest of the city?

That's not the point. I'm addressing the fact that he called NYC a graffiti filled gangland. South Beach was also a dump in the 80s. Had it not been for Miami Vice, it wouldn't look anything close to how it looks today. The hoods in Miami and Palm Beach look like an extension of Haiti.
Yup I agree. I live here in Miami and you guys are right.
These are the neighborhoods, if you live elsewhere you don't live in Miami.
Brickell, The Roads, Downtown, Upper East Side, Morningside, Coconut Grove, Virginia Key,Edgewater, and Omni are all nice, but you gotta have $$$. Everything else is just :x I live in Allapattah if that matters by the way.
View media item 240153

Last edited:
Aight lets dead this, NY won this time :stoneface:

we're also more resilient and our resolve is strong.

Listen man Florida is nice Esp Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. But nyc is just a cultural melting pot which makes it awesome. NY as a state is highly underrated. I'm in upstate ny and cayuga lake is at the foot of where I live...we have gorges, mountains, trails....etc.

If I didn't have relatives in Florida I wouldn't nearly have as much respect for it if I didn't.

I think a better discussion is northeast vs. west coast vs. south vs midwest....then you may have a valid argument.

ill take Miami, Lauderdale, West Palm, Destin, Panama City, Orlando, Tampa, Boca, Key West and so on over NYC & Buffalo ANY DAY

Florida as a state > NY as a state

I love NYC but out side of that yall state is
sick.gif

look out side of Miami our state still has plenty to look for

lets be real the only STATE (not one city) that we (Florida) acknowledge is California

California & Florida > ANY STATE IN AMERICA
You must be talking about the unemployment rate.

new yorkers too stubborn , yall have NO middle class , snow storms , and the only

good things about your city you have to share with all the tourist....none of it is really your's

it's one of the dirtiest rat infested cities on earth

i went and ate brunch in flip flops at greenstreet today

and enjoyed my day off biking

its 69 degrees outside bruh......

christmas is over and its like the northpole over there new york

snow aint cute after you open your presents on the 25th

:lol: why is snow even considered a knock against us as if hundreds of millions of people around the globe dont experience snow after December 25th ?

I hate the argument but its laughable that there is ANYTHING y'all would find to lower the city a notch.

Its well respected around the globe, by fashion icons, politicians, celebrities , and anyone in the world who can pull any strings.

And its like that for a reason. It don't matter what ANY of us say on Niketalk , pro or against NYC. Its not going to change :lol:
Stop trying to be so against the grain . And this isn't directed to any specific poster if you wanna get rustled.

Last edited:
:lol: why is snow even considered a knock against us as if hundreds of millions of people around the globe dont experience snow after December 25th ?

I hate the argument but its laughable that there is ANYTHING y'all would find to lower the city a notch.

Its well respected around the globe, by fashion icons, politicians, celebrities , and anyone in the world who can pull any strings.

And its like that for a reason.
Stop trying to be so against the grain . And this isn't directed to any specific poster if you wanna get rustled.

There is that arrogance, doe...

new yorkers too stubborn , yall have NO middle class , snow storms , and the only
good things about your city you have to share with all the tourist....none of it is really your's

Once again you are talking about a city as if it is the whole state. The reason the middle class is getting smaller not" NO middle class" like you have learned from your main media source NT is because the middle class moves to the suburbs of long island and westchester county where you have more space and better school districts to raise your kids. Like i said please dont speak on a STATE when you have only visited a city that would chew you up and spit you out because you moving to slow and cant adapt.

Last edited:

:lol: i'm sorry but I'm gonna take any man credentials you got if you have any from this post.

I'd rather deal with snow than to have brunch....in flip flops....at greenstreet...enjoying....biking. :rofl:

Did you also go to boca and key west to play with the senior citizens?

Did you drive an hour or two to go to another city?

Did you end up in a part of Florida where the main language was spanish and the majority of people in that area didn't even care to learn english?

Like we got diversity up here out the wazzooo but our people atleast learn that english son.

how's that unemployment rate going for ya?

The **** you talking about tourists you got these places like disneyland and orlando....the **** you talking about our city isn't ours? educate yourself son.

how's that education thing going in florida by the way?

Being from NYC is something to brag about....like you go to a girl and tell them your from florida and it's like....so what? :lol:

I'm sorry to **** on FL in general but yous guys gotta know your place.

And i'm saying this while trying to move out of NYC in the future.

Florida is nice to visit and do your thing....but live there....after you lived in NYC....nah....

There is that arrogance, doe...

OK I know that arrogance. I live here.
But will debating it on NT change 8+ million people's arrogance ?
Shoot will it change NYC Nt'ers arrogance ? Nope

So why waste how many minutes it takes to type these arguments and fact looking?

NYC has a profound impact on the world. In may ways. Can't take those things away cause some people are arrogant.

Also one funny thing is that within NYC there is this same war going on, just on a smaller scale. Brooklyn is treated the way that NYC is...

Brooklyn against all the boroughs :lol: comical
Someone stay coming at your head

Last edited:
Will debating on NT make everyone fall in love with NYC?

All that down talking that took place about other states, cities or whatever the hell we're talking about now, somebody makes one almost valid point and all of sudden this argument is a waste of time?

:lol:

I personally cant speak for everyone but i dont care if people fall in love with NYC but if you are going to speak on something at least know what you are talking about. Ive been to florida plenty of times not all over the state but enough to get a general vibe. Ive been to MIA, i have family in the Orlando/Kissimee (sp) area, Grandmother lived in palmbay, uncle in fort lauderdale parents owned some land in port saint lucie back in the early 2000s. Pretty much the whole east coast ive been to or been thru but i wouldn't say i am an expert on Florida or will sit here and talk down on the whole state when i haven't even been on the west coast or even the middle of the state.

So for comparison when he talks about NYC as the whole state this is the percentage of the state in question.

View media item 240354

Really

I'll be visiting NYC in September (Giants vs. Mets and Yankees) and I am prepared to see Atlantis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom