Im sorry but it still bothers me when hispanics, asians and white ppl use the N word

Originally Posted by t0xicman

m sorry but it still bothers me when blacks complain. you wanted out of slavery fine, now u dont want us to use the word? comon now
2el84uw.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

how about black people should've set an example and stop using it period, only reason people still rock it is cuz its been flipped into hiphop slang

this. i am asian american myself but i cant stand when i hear blacks saying this word all the time then go off and get all angry about others saying it. italso really bothers me when people dont understand that "***" and "#$@*$" are racial slurs.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I don't get how this thread shifts to a "who had it worse" competition.

Ignorance at its finest.
Foreal, dudes arguing who had it worse as if it were something to be proud of.

Can we not stop it at "Blacks were slaves, Chinese were slaves, slavery is bad. Learn from the past and move on"?

What hes trying to say is the Chinese did move on. But African Amercians didnt.

and how would the Chinese be able to speak up? They didnt know English...
But what do the Chinese moving on have to do with some African Americans not being cool with the usage of the n-word? Because the Chinese wereable to move on from the atrocities they faced years ago doesn't mean others should have to as well.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Am i the only one who thinks it makes them sound fake? Like i think to myself "is that how they really talk?". You live in a white neighborhood in brooklyn and you in a pizzeria talking aloud sayin the N word to each other constantly. Like, be yourself. Like, thats not you
tired.gif
. Only hispanic i give a pass to is crank lucas
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
These threads never go anywhere.

Slavery is/was bad. N word should not be used by anybody. End of story.

as a representative of the white race, i would like to point out that alot of black people overplay their past when other races had it just as tough.

the asian race
my fellow white brothers in the Great Britain drugged the chineese of opium and raped them on deals. they controlled parts of china from them and set upcolonies around the asian islands. they just recently gave back HK to them.

my white race done shipped 1/2 the *** americans during WWII to things similar to concentration camps.

china was pretty much in an isolationism period, even set up the great wall of china. and American stuck their hands down the chineese throats to make themtrade and whatnot.

now if all the black people would get the mentality of omg my grand-daddy was a slave, give me some reperations or pity, we can possibly be moving forward.

WHITE POWER!

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

KL9 wrote:

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

I don't get how this thread shifts to a "who had it worse" competition.

Ignorance at its finest.
Foreal, dudes arguing who had it worse as if it were something to be proud of.

Can we not stop it at "Blacks were slaves, Chinese were slaves, slavery is bad. Learn from the past and move on"?

What hes trying to say is the Chinese did move on. But African Amercians didnt.

and how would the Chinese be able to speak up? They didnt know English...
But what do the Chinese moving on have to do with some African Americans not being cool with the usage of the n-word? Because the Chinese were able to move on from the atrocities they faced years ago doesn't mean others should have to as well.

You're not getting it. African Americans only see that they were the only ones who faced racial problems in America
when really, they actually got it slight better.

And to this day, they're still complaining and we learn about slavery in school but we dont
learn about the Chinese slavery.

Whys that?

Yes, African Americans made progress and thats
pimp.gif

But to the guy that said why didn't Asian Americans make progress,

how could we? We didn't know English. We were tricked to coming here.

As for the N word, i dont really care who says it. I never said it and i probably never will.

For all you folks who don't like others using the word, do you stop other people when you hear them say it. I feel like if you let them say it in front ofyou, then you shouldn't mind if they say it. For instance, if I hear a white dude say it (which is happening quite alot recently) I'll just be like"say what?". Usually they apologize and it's all good. Just my take on it...

It bothers me when others say it to...

Even worse when people say "if black people didnt use it, then no one would"... FOH... they were usin it before we tried to "change" it andwould use it even if we stopped with the "er" attached just like they do now behind our backs...

If everybody else didnt try and use it, black people woulda never tried to flip it and there would be no use for it

m sorry but it still bothers me when blacks complain. you wanted out of slavery fine, now u dont want us to use the word? comon now

indifferent.gif

African Americans only see that they were the only ones who faced racial problems in America
when really, they actually got it slight better.

I firmly disagree with this sentence, but we'll leave it at that.

And I agree that more education on all kinds of slavery and discrimination throughout history is needed.

I just don't get the "its a term of endearment" for friend/pal/homie/comrade/amigo/etc. Just say that word instead. I'm mixed (halfblack/half white) and I don't like people calling me the "N" word. I just got one of my friends that always says it to substitute"colleague" instead of saying the "N" word when he is talking about/to me. The only time I would even say it is when I was reciting tolyrics but now I just do a quick pause for emphasis (on the fact that I don't like the word)

as a representative of the white race, i would like to point out that alot of black people overplay their past when other races had it just as tough.

the asian race
my fellow white brothers in the Great Britain drugged the chineese of opium and raped them on deals. they controlled parts of china from them and set up colonies around the asian islands. they just recently gave back HK to them.

my white race done shipped 1/2 the *** americans during WWII to things similar to concentration camps.

china was pretty much in an isolationism period, even set up the great wall of china. and American stuck their hands down the chineese throats to make them trade and whatnot.

now if all the black people would get the mentality of omg my grand-daddy was a slave, give me some reperations or pity, we can possibly be moving forward.

WHITE POWER!

But ANYway... I don't get this "no one should say it" theory... So BLACK people should STOPsaying the N word because by us saying it, it makes it ok for OTHER races to??
eyes.gif

What SOOO cool about the N word that people who are not of African decent have this desire to use it in the first place??

Do cats REALLY have such a desire to use that word?? I personally used it... Stopped for a while, then started again... There was this wholesilly movement about abolishing the N word, but even if WE ALL stopped using the word, what exactly would change?? There wouldSTILL be N situations goin on... You tellin me there aren't any REAL problems in America goin on?? Or is black peopleusing the N word amungst one another #1 on problems that must be fixed before we can move foward??

Lastly... To the NON black hip hop fans... You KNOW you be sayin it when you in your car ZONED out to yourfavorite song... & truly there's nothing wrong with THAT... & to act as if you've NEVER used the word...EVER... Under ANY other circumstance... I don't believe that for a second...

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

You're not getting it. African Americans only see that they were the only ones who faced racial problems in America
when really, they actually got it slight better

CCP0006937_P.JPG

smh.gif

black referee throwing a penalty...i challenge the quote
51522_Panthers_Falcons_Football.jpg

Damn, generalizations thrown out every couple posts in here.
laugh.gif

I refuse to believe so many of y'all are really this absent-minded.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

the asian race
my fellow white brothers in the Great Britain drugged the chineese of opium and raped them on deals. they controlled parts of china from them and set up colonies around the asian islands. they just recently gave back HK to them.

china was pretty much in an isolationism period, even set up the great wall of china. and American stuck their hands down the chineese throats to make them trade and whatnot.

WHITE POWER!

But ANYway... I don't get this "no one should say it" theory... So BLACK people should STOPsaying the N word because by us saying it, it makes it ok for OTHER races to??
eyes.gif
whether you want to admit it or not, you know damn well that "black" culture is portrayed on television as being"hip/cool/urban/etc." Acting "black" is the closest some people may get to being cool (or getting accepted). Not saying this will even workbut as far as I can see, this will never happen.

Cole "Train" (from the Gears of War video game franchise) is one of the most over-the-top stereotypical black character you will find in video gamesbut damn if half of the players who play on Cog don't pick him.

And for the people that say someone can act like a "N" word. What exactly does that entail? I know it's original meaning was for a "a personof any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.". But does that definition still hold true today? Would it be okay if a non-blackperson said another non-black person is acting like a "N" word? Would you get offended?

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Double standards.
which is why i don't blame anyone that's not black for using it.
what kind of sense does it make for me to say i can say it, but you can't say it?
True no one should say the word or everyone can use the word

no he can but he cant stuff.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

the asian race

WHITE POWER!

But ANYway... I don't get this "no one should say it" theory... So BLACK people should STOP saying the N word because by us saying it, it makes it ok for OTHER races to??
eyes.gif

What SOOO cool about the N word that people who are not of African decent have this desire to use it in the first place??

Do cats REALLY have such a desire to use that word?? I personally used it... Stopped for a while, then started again... There was this whole silly movement about abolishing the N word, but even if WE ALL stopped using the word, what exactly would change?? There would STILL be N situations goin on... You tellin me there aren't any REAL problems in America goin on?? Or is black people using the N word amungst one another #1 on problems that must be fixed before we can move foward??

Lastly... To the NON black hip hop fans... You KNOW you be sayin it when you in your car ZONED out to your favorite song... & truly there's nothing wrong with THAT... & to act as if you've NEVER used the word... EVER... Under ANY other circumstance... I don't believe that for a second...

I'm dying at the placement of this gif.

I used it in my younger days. I'm 3/4 Puerto Rican and 1/4 Black, for the record. I don't know whether that gives me a "pass" or not. But Iwould throw it around with friends (mainly Black/Hispanic) constantly, but I came to a point where I felt I had to separate myself from that. Some people findit offensive, and rightfully so. It's not worth it to me. I could just as easily use "dude" or "guy" etc.

I think it's a word that shouldn't be used by anyone. Of course, that's not going to happen. I can't tell others what's right and wrongwhen it comes to that, because the world doesn't end with me. So the best I could do is change my habits to mirror what I'd like to see in a perfectworld through my eyes.

Originally Posted by YungSatellite

when really, they actually got it slight better

CCP0006937_P.JPG

smh.gif

You're acting as if i said African Americans didnt go through anything
laugh.gif

Of course what they went through was horrible.

But lets see this.

Asian Americans basically got the same treatment as African Americans except

they got banned form America after they finished the rail roads.....

Back
Top Bottom