In arguments...

whats more important, facts or emotions?
I've come to the conclusion that all arguments break down to these two things, either someone is coming with crazy logos(logic) or the other person hasthat pathos(emotion..basically) and they are stuck on it, so which one is more important?

See most people seem to think the facts are more important, but almost all arguments break down to opinion, and in matter of opinion, the person morepassionate about it always seems to prevail. Facts play a small role, but people will be on the side of the more passionate person, it seems.

^ maybe but if the "passionate" person doesnt have the facts right then what good is their argument?

Originally Posted by NJstress03

^ maybe but but if the "passionate" person doesnt have the facts right then what good is their argument?
I don't know, but people def seem to side with them more. I like to think of myself as a empirical rationalist(for those that know, don'task how just think Kant), but for some reason people always end up with the "I see what your saying, but I don't agree" and I'm always like,if you see what I'm saying, and what I'm saying makes more sense than what he's saying then why do you side with him, I'm not going to yell.

Originally Posted by NJstress03

^ maybe but if the "passionate" person doesnt have the facts right then what good is their argument?
It's not, but you cant convince somebody that's passionate that they're wrong.

^ you guys are right, thats why its better sometimes to not even bother arguing. when some1 wants to be right they will be right regards of anything.

Facts. If you can keep a level head in an argument, you've already won because people only get upset when they know they have nothing of substance to say.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Facts. If you can keep a level head in an argument, you've already won because people only get upset when they know they have nothing of substance to say.
cosign.

Fact.

Facts trump everything else.

This shouldnt even be a discussion.... easy answer.

If the world were based on fact, life would be fair. The person who feels they are more right will always win.

It's both, but leaning on the logos side. Emotion colorizes your facts. No one wants to read an essay with straight evidence -- it gets boring.

-facts
-i wouldnt advise gettin emotional w/a female(youll lose errytime)
-you cant deny facts
-and most of the time your facts still arent good enough so....

Back
Top Bottom