"In Living Color" is returning...

Fox will air two half-hour specials of "In Living Color" in the spring, with the option to pick it up to series next season.

Host Keenen Ivory Wayans will produce two half-hour specials based on his classic sketch comedy series from the early 1990s, which helped launch the careers of his own family as well as those of Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier and Jim Carrey, among others.
The revival is being billed as a contemporary take on the hit sketch comedy show that will feature a new cast of fresh, young talent as well as musical performances by special guests. The network will air the pairing this spring, with the option to order the show to series for next fall or mid-season. 
The news comes mere months after Fox attempted to create an original sketch comedy series, In the Flow with Affion Crockett. The short-lived, half-hour series hosted by Affion Crockett and executive produced by Jamie Foxx.
The specials will be produced by Ivory Way Productions in association with 20th Century Fox TV spin off Fox 21, better known as the company behind Homeland, Breakout Kings and Sons of Anarchy.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/in-living-color-keenen-ivory-wayans-254828

copped...

gonna watch, and hope the Damon Wayans' son is on there... son is funny as hell..

please dont overdo it, though...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pr0phecy718 wrote:
I don't know how to feel about this yet

But bring back Martin while they're at it lol

pimp.gif

I think this might be a good thing. There's not much black TV shows on the air right now other then "The Game" and, and, and, and....... So i wouldn't mind watching this as long as Keenan has a full say so on the jokes and the shows format.

Imagine a in house DJ, Fly Girls, and a live performance after each show!!! mind = blown!

Shoot matter a fact bring back New York Undercover, Living Single, and The Arsenio Hall Show while there at it.
pimp.gif

I thought this was about airing reruns. Not to keen on a new cast since they'll automatically be compared to the OG, especially if it bombs.

Haven't gotten much done by Keenan in this position so I can only hope he still has that comedy bug and can put together a hilarious show.

My whole thing is FOX has been failing a lot with comedy as of late.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

This is either gonna be a nice gem, or bomb like crazy

This pretty much.

Gonna be hard to top the original. They're gonna have to put together a really good cast for this to have a chance.

Sorry there is no way they are gonna top the OG, since the OG had comedic legends off the bat. I'll just try to watch this new one, with a fresh mind...

Originally Posted by Retro23J

Skeptical. I'm not a fan of bringing back old tv shows with new characters.

this

but i'll check for it...one of my favorite shows that i regularly watch on DVD now
pimp.gif

doubt they can TOP the OG tho

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Sorry there is no way they are gonna top the OG, since the OG had comedic legends off the bat. I'll just try to watch this new one, with a fresh mind...
Nobody on the show was already comedic legends when they got on the OG. None of them.

This seems like an epic fail to me. The original show was so awesome because Fox allowed them to do and say anything back then because Fox was the "renegade" new kid on the block and wanted to attract viewers. Does anyone think fox would allow half of the skits
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
? Men on films wouldn't happen.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Nobody on the show was already comedic legends when they got on the OG. None of them.

True

Hope they have regular guest appearances from OG cast.

New Fly Girls? J. Lo guest performance?

Back
Top Bottom