In your opinion, who are the top 5 players in the MLB?

why are you guys forgetting offense is only half of the game. Its crazy to me how underrated adrian beltre is. dude is
6th in the AL in BA
7th in HR
doesn't srike out alot
6th in OPS
and is arguably the best defensive infielder in the league
dude is top 5 player

[QUOTE url="/t/553915/in-your-opinion-who-are-the-top-5-players-in-the-mlb#post_18346251"]
because offense is only half of the game
Yet, we have no problem putting Miguel Cabrera as the best player in the game?
[/quote]

who would you say is better

Miggy
Trout
Posey
Kershaw
Yadier

:lol: Josh Donaldson is barley top 5 in his position

1. miguel cabrera
2. mike trout
3. Buster posey
4. felix hernandez
5. adrian beltre

Kershaw > King Felix

don't kid yourself kershaw is getting help from pitching in the NL offenses

Lol ok. It's too bad he plays for such a sorry franchise! Love to watch him pitch

lol typical SF fan, gets beat in argument so trys to throw in a immature shot to make them feel better

"gets beat in argument"

who's keeping score?

[QUOTE url="/t/553915/in-your-opinion-who-are-the-top-5-players-in-the-mlb#post_18346313"]
because offense is only half of the game
Yet, we have no problem putting Miguel Cabrera as the best player in the game?

who would you say is better
Once again, you are missing the point.  Shocker. 
[/quote]

guess so. probably shouldn't post for the sake of argument if you have nothing to bring to the discussion

Let me spell it out for you.  You, me, and most other people have no problem saying Miguel Cabrera is the best player in the Major Leagues this season (or in recent seasons), in spite of his defensive shortcomings.

Yet, people are holding Chris Davis' defense against him when he is having a better offensive season than Mike Trout.

Why the inconsistency?

Kev, Yadi wouldn't be too far off for me. I would definitely have him as the best catcher in the league though.

Let me spell it out for you.  You, me, and most other people have no problem saying Miguel Cabrera is the best player in the Major Leagues this season (or in recent seasons), in spite of his defensive shortcomings.

Yet, people are holding Chris Davis' defense against him when he is having a better offensive season than Mike Trout.

Why the inconsistency?

but you just said before that they were basically even offensively and asked why people think trout is having a far better year. and i said because of defense. idk why your so mad about it. you go to the extreme whenever someone responds to you with something you dont like

He's still awesome though. Those top 5-6 pitchers are a bit interchangable for me. They can be the best pitcher in the league any given day.

I hear you D. I don't have a problem with you putting CD over Trout. I'll just have to agree to disagree. My opinion is the runs he saves on defense and creates on the base paths makes the gap a lot smaller. I'm not holding it against Davis, I just don't think his offensive supremacy is greater than Trout defensive/on base supremacy. Throw in the extreme splits and I'll put Trout ahead (for now).

Miggy is just a whole other case this year. Plus, we know he wasn't the best player in the league last year :smile:

He's still awesome though. Those top 5-6 pitchers are a bit interchangable for me. They can be the best pitcher in the league any given day.

I hear you D. I don't have a problem with you putting CD over Trout. I'll just have to agree to disagree. My opinion is the runs he saves on defense and creates on the base paths makes the gap a lot smaller. I'm not holding it against Davis, I just don't think his offensive supremacy is greater than Trout defensive/on base supremacy. Throw in the extreme splits and I'll put Trout ahead (for now).

Miggy is just a whole other case this year. Plus, we know he wasn't the best player in the league last year :smile:

yeah i agree with you on that. i have no problem with kershaw being argued as the best pitcher especially since i like the dodgers. and yeah you could swap the best pitcher with like 4 others day to day.

Why the inconsistency?
but you just said before that they were basically even offensively and asked why people think trout is having a far better year. and i said because of defense. idk why your so mad about it. you go to the extreme whenever someone responds to you with something you dont like
Please show me where I said they were even offensively. 

Miguel Cabrera
Mike Trout
Buster Posey
Bryce Harper
Miguel Cabrera

not much credence to that list just 4 guys that have been exceptional and have the potential to get better.

Gotta love that Pujols isn't even discussed in 2013.
nthat.gif

This may be biased and yes theres a smaller samole size...but Hanley Ramirez has creeped back into my top 10. He is the main reason LAD is back to .500. Yes...puig..gonzo..kersh...grienke..jansen..even dre a little...I know..but hanram has been the butter and egg man. Hes lookin like 2009 hanram.

Having said that..5 best RIGHT NOW
Miggy
Trout
Kersh
Crush
Harper

I wish i could put kemp in there...smh.

Molina is a ******g beast behind the plate, love the way he plays/manages the game. Best catcher in baseball.

Kershaw
Cabrera
Molina
Hernandez
Machado

My top 5...

Back
Top Bottom