Inconsistent Post/Reply Box Tools?

Are there intentionally different tools between different versions of NT's layouts, or is this some kind of mistake? Is it possible to give us parity?

For instance, the mobile version has text alignment functionality (Google Chrome/Galaxy Note 9), but that is seemingly nowhere to be found on the tablet version of NT (Google Chrome/Galaxy Tab S5e.) On the flip side, the tablet version has text resizing and mobile doesn't.

The alignment stuff would be right at home in one of those three dot menus, especially since tools like lists, quotes, and spoilers appear in multiple menus.

Obviously not the most important matter in the world, but I just found it odd and wanted to bring it up since I haven't seen anyone else do it.

Tablet:

SmartSelect_20221107-180908_Chrome.jpg

Mobile layout:

20221107_180155.jpg

Last edited:
The platform has different toolbar sizes for different resolutions. I don’t know what tablet you’re using, but I suspect it’s in an awkward intermediate range between mobile and desktop.

I went in and tweaked the toolbar for 575-899px wide displays to include the text alignment tools. Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Space is at a premium, so there are trade offs to be made at lower resolutions to avoid multiple rows of icons.

The platform has different toolbar sizes for different resolutions. I don’t know what tablet you’re using, but I suspect it’s in an awkward intermediate range between mobile and desktop.

I went in and tweaked the toolbar for 575-899px wide displays to include the text alignment tools. Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Space is at a premium, so there are trade offs to be made at lower resolutions to avoid multiple rows of icons.

My tablet's resolution is 2560 x 1600. Nope, hasn't changed anything for me.

The largest size editor has the text alignment tools in plain view. The next largest includes them within a drop down, per your suggestion.

C8013224-E9AE-4368-A202-C4810472FF23.jpeg

Weirdly enough, I can only see it if I switch my tablet to Desktop Mode but it's presence is plenty enough for me. Appreciate the prompt assistance :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom