INDIE Music Thread

Good to find an indie thread. Super late but a couple weeks ago been jamming out to The XX's albums and been digging for more Indie!

You know, I'm listening to the new Metz release. It's good but every song is pretty much the same song...I love noise rock, but damn...These guys needed a strong producer to help them edit & make a more diverse album...

Thank you.

I took time to listen to their album, and I feel the same way. It's cool, but it's literally the same song over and over and over again.

The Lumineers 

Currently listening to:

The songs have a much nicer feel to them and I actually prefer some of them over the original versions.

Iron & Wine - 4AD Session

ellimaCecyoJ - I just started listening to Iron & Wine (Sam Beam). I love the 4AD label...Very interesting label...

4AD is dope as hell. These more-well-known British indie labels are stacked with talent.

Someone list down some more indie folk. It's growing on me.
Well, Fleet Foxes is the best you'll get IMO.

Others I enjoy:
The Decemberists
Bon Iver
Beirut
Bright Eyes
Tallest Man on Earth
Andrew Bird
The Middle East (gone too soon :smh: )

I've heard good things about Okkervil River, and The Head and The Heart.

My head is an animal has been on repeat for a couple days. Very good album. Digging through this thread I'm finding a bunch of indie artists. Much props.

I love Bon Iver (Justin Vernon), but I think he's kind of evolved from folk. Elliot Smith has always been my favorite in the folk genre. So sad at his death though...RIP...

I know he's signed to a major label now, but Ray LaMontagne is nice too.

Elliott Smith - Rose Parade

Elliott Smith - Angeles

Elliott Smith - Between the Bars

Bon Iver - Skinny Love & Live LaBlogotheque performance in Paris...

I remember the first time I heard For Emma, Forever Ago I was astounded. If anyone is interested, the French guys at LaBlogotheque have amazing performances on their YouTube & Vimeo pages of a lot of groups...

^Yup, Bon Iver is so dope. I like For Emma a little bit better, but both are amazing. I've been watching those videos nonstop the last couple of weeks. Those take away shows are awesome.

anyone else a fan of Sun Airway? their album Nocturne of Exploded Crystal Chandelier is great top to bottom

Last edited:
Total Control - Scene From A Marriage

Fellow label mates with Metz (Sub Pop). Kinda of has the Sonic Youth side a bit...

Last edited:
Poor Moon - Holiday

This is a side project from 2 member of The Fleet Foxes...Posting some Sub Pop stuff because a friend sent me a Sup Pop sampler...Man Tom Skerrit looking a little old with the white hair...

Back
Top Bottom