INDIE Music Thread

Ratatat and Santigold are indie right?

The Pixes - Indie Cindy

New... New album sans Kim Deal is available for purchase on their site.

I just started listening to this new Arctic Monkeys album and I already like it more than their last two

Jking, The 1975's album is awesome. Listened to them for the first time today and I'm a fan already. They have a lot of different sounds on the project and it all just sounds great. One of my favorites:

I've been in a music discovery phase the last 2 years and every time I hear an indie song playing when i'm out and about or in a tv show, my ears perk up.

Just got that feeling watching the broncos game when they played Chocolate while fading out to commercials :lol:

I've been in a music discovery phase the last 2 years and every time I hear an indie song playing when i'm out and about or in a tv show, my ears perk up.

Just got that feeling watching the broncos game when they played Chocolate while fading out to commercials :lol:

Chocolate already on TV? Looks like these guys are about to blow up pretty soon haha. The album is full of radio hits too.

Chocolate already on TV? Looks like these guys are about to blow up pretty soon haha. The album is full of radio hits too.

The album is in the mail should be at my house today. I am a low key huge fan of theirs. Watched a bunch of interviews really like the lead singer seems like a really intelligent dude. He puts a lot of emotion into his music for such a younger guy. But extremley poppy music. I heard sex for the first time and was hooked...i was in an extremely similar situation literally down to the word. "If we are gonna do anything we might as well just ****"

The album is in the mail should be at my house today. I am a low key huge fan of theirs. Watched a bunch of interviews really like the lead singer seems like a really intelligent dude. He puts a lot of emotion into his music for such a younger guy. But extremley poppy music. I heard sex for the first time and was hooked...i was in an extremely similar situation literally down to the word. "If we are gonna do anything we might as well just ****"

The album is way, way, wayyyyyy poppy.....but I enjoy it :lol: My guilty pleasure at the moment.

Let's talk about the chorus for "Talk!" though :rofl:

Thieves like us

By far the best song on the new Daft Punk album. First heard it at a diplo show in May while I was rollin my face off. A very beautiful and indie jam.

After giving the new Arctic Monkeys' new album a few spins, it's now in my top 5 of the year

Jaar is a genius. new Darkside album coming soon.
nicolas jaar is a genius forreal, i listen to his album at least once a week..

it's perfect for going to sleep or when you're
smokin.gif

can't wait for his darkside project.. you get a chance to check out their remix of RAM?

nicolas jaar is a genius forreal, i listen to his album at least once a week..

it's perfect for going to sleep or when you're :smokin .

can't wait for his darkside project.. you get a chance to check out their remix of RAM?

I can not agree more.
His show is amazing btw. Very unique.
Yes I did, really liked it, I'm not saying it's better than RAM, but he turned it into something very different and very special. Great music. I love the atmosphere his music creates, it's very transcendental.

MGMT's new album is something I can not wait for.

Any old heads here like me that are My Bloody Valentine fans? If so, they announced some US Tour dates... I really like their recent release, MBV...

09-14 Portmeirion, Wales - Festival No. 6
09-30 Tokyo, Japan - International Forum Hall
11-01 St. Paul, MN - Roy Wilkins Auditorium
11-03 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
11-05 Toronto, Ontario - The Kool Haus
11-06 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis
11-07 Boston, MA - House of Blues
11-09 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
11-11-12 New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom

London Grammar's album is dope. The lead singer sounds so identical to Florence but it's cool haha. They really are like a fusion of The xx and Flo + the Machine.

I also had no idea they were on Disclosure's record on the "Help Me Lose My Mind" song, that was one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom