INDIE Music Thread

Warpaint is
pimp.gif
. Have they put out anything since "The Fool'?
no sir.. i guess they've just been touring.

right now they just have "the fool" and the "exquisite corpse" EP. 

another band that hasn't been mentioned yet is warpaint..

these girls are the ****.

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

i absolutely love this band.. my body is extremely ready for a new album.

theres some bootlegs of their new stuff out there somewhere..

Unfortunately I don't think they've done anything after volume 2....well besides the Christmas album.

I've been listening through that Blood Orange album as well. Really really like it.

Hard for me to see Bloc Party and Crystal Castles as indie :lol: They sell out stadiums and headline festivals. We might as well throw Red Hot Chili Peppers and Radiohead in the indie umbrella too then. I get the enthusiasm but damn, let's have some kind of standard before this thread turns into another "anything but rap" thread.

Well the basis of indie is "On an independent label" so it's all right. Unless you make it "Not popular rock" thread

You're right. I guess everyone will have a different perspective as to what "indie" actually is. Some will agree, others won't.

Back to the music.

Something not rock. I posted some of this kids work in the electro thread a couple months before but it went unnoticed. I think his music slots in nicely with the Grimes/Elite Gymnastics/LOL Boys 90's revival aesthetic.

Last edited:
This should be a thread of bands/artists that are not signed to a major label. Hence the term indie. As much as I like the Chili Peppers or Radiohead, they aren't indie bands...That's my 2 cents...

Yeah I agree the term Indie itself means not signed to a major label. But over the years indie has turned into a sound/genre of it's own.
So you have these bands on major labels and they have the indie rock sound. It's funny cause a lot of this stuff that we call indie now, if it would of came out in like 06 it would be called emo.

If we turn this into a complete independent artist thread then anything could be posted, and I'm sure the majority of it would be rap. I don't want that at all

Indie:

Independent:

Neither are major label, but as Wes said, the word "indie" has pretty much evolved into its own definition of music. Regardless, I think we should include any good music in here that's not being pushed by a major.

Broken Social Scene - Force To Love

Another song by BSS. I think this band is better than their fellow Canadians Arcade Fire.

Bad Religon - American Jesus

Another indie legend. The lead singer Greg Gaffin has a PHD (from Cornell) & "lectured courses" at UCLA & his alma mater...The group also has a member of Circle Jerks (Greg Hetson). The other guitarit Brett Gurewitz helped start Epitaph records.

Last edited:
Fugazi - Long Division

It's sad, I'm old enough to have been to a Minor Threat show in DC...There are so many great Fugazi songs but this has been my favorite for a long time....

great indie albums i've listened to this week..

(higly reccomend it)

(snowtorch-phideaux)

(foreign body-mirroring)

i enjoy being able to listen to entire albums and i was able to do that with all of these without skipping a single song.

Back
Top Bottom