INDIE Music Thread

July 18th for the new Tame.  Kevin just needs to go ahead and leak it though, this needs to come out beginning of summer.

Yo, so I'm a little bit cooked rn and Tame - Cause I'm a Man is literally one of the best songs I have ever heard in my life that bass line omg

eh I didn't really like that one when it first came out and I'm still kinda undecided, I guess I'll have to hear in in the proper context, like listening to the LP from start to finish.  I didn't like let it happen at all when I first heard it either but it grew on me like crazy, now everytime that I hear it I'm like I don't want this song to end.  Gotta admit that I'm a bit relieved to hear the guitars on the new track, I really liked where they were going at the end but then it fades out but I don't feel bummed out about it or anything, it's a really good little song.  I really thought this was too early for another Tame LP since Lonerism like pretty much just came out but now I'm pretty confident that it'll be another dope record.

Bruh smoke a little and listen to it. Good lord it was sounding incredible. I feel literally the exact same way about Let it Happen as well lol I didn't really like it at all at first but it grew on me tough. I think their Conan performance had something to do with it.

And didn't Lonerism come out in like 2012? I think it's long overdue for some new music from them. Really like the direction they're going so far, have a good feeling this will be AOTY.

bre I need to smoke somthin, period!  but that's another story .  far as release dates. lonerism came out like the end of 2012 so it was really a 2013 album to me.  yeah that was still a long time ago but not really.  Plus from what I could recall there was word of this LP at the end of last summer/early fall.  I just don't want the work to suffer from constant touring and pressure to release new LP's like every two years.  but I've probably read some place that part of the spirit of today is that everything moves faster.  this was some ancient wisdom type stuff too I think, not just some opinion based on "technology". 

Literally so fire. Cannot wait for the album omg
Really digging this. Crazy how much dope music comes from Australia.

and thanks to those who put me onto Johnny Jewel in this thread when I asked about 80s influenced music a few months back.

I've been hooked on the beginning of this mix for the last few weeks.

Don't know if it belongs here or the electronic music thread, but either way its dope music with an indie vibe.

Also can't get this one out of my head

here's the soundcloud link to the YT vid 

Last edited:
Sufjan Stevens - All Of Me Wants All Of You

TAME IMPALA - 'Cause I'm A Man

I know this song was posted on the previous page, but damn this is a good song. The July release date for this album is way to far off...

My Morning Jacket - In Its Infancy (The Waterfall) & Compound Fracture

This is such an imaginative American band.

So another new Tame song came out.

July is a ways away but it'll be here quick actually.  That's kinda depressing actually. 

I wonder whatever happened with the new Chromatics LP, it was supposed to be out in February

Last edited:
Was iffy about the song on first listen. However, after running through it again, my opinions on it have thoroughly changed. Another incredible song man. This album is going to be 10/10 I really don't see it going any other way at this point.

Tame Impala about to make me shed a thug tear music is str8 poetic fam :frown:

absolutely love Wet's sound, Kelly's voice is perfect 
embarassed.gif

Ben Khan's  new EP 1000 comes out Monday

Last edited:
soccerty soccerty "Deadwater" by Wet has been on repeat the past few days. Great song.

I really also like this song by Geographer. Seeing them next week. Pretty excited.

Last edited:
Alabama Shakes - Future People

I really love this album... Such a strong second effort from this band.

Spoon - Inside Out

Last edited:
so there's a new Beach House LP coming out on August 28, what chew guys expect it's gonna sound like?  looks like they're doing all kinds of shows starting August thru like mid December too.

so there's a new Beach House LP coming out on August 28, what chew guys expect it's gonna sound like?  looks like they're doing all kinds of shows starting August thru like mid December too.

No idea what it's going to sound like, literally just need the album now though. Beach House is my favorite band ever I don't think they can disappoint me with anything they put out.

Their description of the album on the website was out of control, literally had no idea what in the hell they were trying to say lmao.

Last edited:
yeah I Just wonder if they're gonna do another album that's basically a suite like Bloom.  True story, I never listened to that album front to back until sometime this calendar year.  I remember hearing Lazuli in 2013 or 2014 and I was like this is really good but for some reason I never got around to checking out the rest of the album until a lot later.  When I did  I was like this might be the greatest thing I've ever heard.  I'm not really a concert person either but I might check em out, Victoria seems like a strong live performer. 

(edit./grammars)

Last edited:
Dude.... Beach House was the first band I've ever seen live. I stand by the statement to this day that it is the best concert I've ever been too aside from the Yeezus Tour. They are pretty much what brought me into the music scene. I love Victoria so much :wow:

^ Was it a good show? I'd like to see them live... Here's the band playing a set live for Udub's radio station KEXP.

Set list -
Pretty Girls
Klapp Klapp
Killing Me
Cat Rider

Back
Top Bottom