INDIE Music Thread

Haven't seen an Indie music thread before (or really any Indie-related threads for that matter) and I know there is a good amount of NTers on here that listen to this stuff.

Was thinking we could use this thread to post what you're listening to at the moment, some of your favorite albums, discussion about recent albums, necessities, put some more NTers onto Indie, etc.

Some of my favorite albums (could consider some as necessities as well) (in no particular order) (Artist - Album):

Beach House - Teen Dream

Beach House - Bloom

Fiona Apple - Tidal

Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

The xx - xx

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

Lykke Li - Youth Novels

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel.....

Last edited:
those beach house albums are great. love that xx album. and lykke li and lana got some addictive songs as well.

a couple of albums ive recently come across that are :smokin

Twin Shadow - Confess Genre: New Wave

Twin Shadow - Forget Genre: New Wave

How To Dress Well - Love Remains Genre: Lo-Fi R&B

Toro y Moi - whole discography

Edit:
bout to check that Ariel Pink album, heard some good things about it

Last edited:
Okay before we start. What classifies as indie? A lot of those artists are on major labels

In my itunes, I have no idea what genre a lot of bands belogn to so I end up just putting alternative or ide

Also I will be lurking in this thread a ton for new artists. Already have most of the albums already posted

their latest, came out last year.. called 'Ritual Union' its good

Last edited:
Okay before we start. What classifies as indie? A lot of those artists are on major labels
In my itunes, I have no idea what genre a lot of bands belogn to so I end up just putting alternative or ide

Yeah I do the exact same thing

can't wait for Grizzly Bear's new album though

First single off their new album 8)

^ That New Look song is flames! I heard "Everything" a few years back and never followed up. Bout to get their album

Heavenly Beat getting downloaded too :smokin

Like I said, I have no idea what classifies as Indie. This band might be folk, but I just found out about them the other day and really like what I've heard so far

Yeah, Indie was kind of broad. I meant for this thread to be a discussion about Indie and about genres that are very close to Indie -- such as Alternative, Folk, Dream Pop, etc.

Will be checking out some of the vids posted later though.

Great music in the thread. (although it is prettz hard to define indie)

I would suggest

Chromatics- Kill for love
ANything Crystal Castles
James Blake- James Blake

Back
Top Bottom