INDIE Music Thread

Broken Social Scene is the greatest Canadian export since Molson IMO. Then you have Arcade Fire & St. Vincent. That's all I can think of off the top of the dome...

Broken Social Scene is the greatest Canadian export since Molson IMO. Then you have Arcade Fire & St. Vincent. That's all I can think of off the top of the dome...

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Broken Social Scene! Thanks.
Hmmm, I'M pretty sure St. Vincent is from Tulsa, USA.

Hey Certified SW you by any chance check out the Baths album? I have heard really mixed reviews but liked the 2 songs ive heard.

Hey NT fam,

I would like to ask for some help. I'm looking for all sorts of Canadian indie bands, that are great and I may not know of. I'm working on a tracklist, thus the theme. I have quite a few on the list: Grimes, The Weeknd, Blue Hawaii, Shad, Crystal Castles and Deadmau5.
BUt nay other recommendations would be highly appreciated!

Royal City & Tokyo Police Club come to mind.

Me Gusta I couple kids from San Jose. I love their samples.

Discovery. I wish they would come out with another album but I dont think its gonna happen.

ive gotten into indy surf type rock lately, so dope :smokin

idk how ya feel about it, but i love this song

not sure if any of these songs have been posted, sorry if they have..

i just need me a hipster chick to smoke with and listen to this music. :nerd:

That beach fossils song is on point.

Suprised no one has mentioned Kishi Bashi. His 151a album is truly beautiful. I highly suggest seeing him live. With his loop machines you get to see how he makes his music. A delight to witness

his tiny desk show

Hey Certified SW you by any chance check out the Baths album? I have heard really mixed reviews but liked the 2 songs ive heard.

Nah I didn't yet man. I've only skimmed through it, the only track I've listened to thoroughly is "Ironworks" which is a great song. I assume the rest of the album is great.

something about the lo-fi sound always gets me!
mac demarco got me into that sound, now i always look for it. :lol:

I know people have posted these two artists but these are my fav songs of theirs. Perfect songs to enjoy during the summer with your gal pal.

Matt and Kim Brooklyn show in August is already sold out. Somebody put me on if you know where I can cop tickets. Willing to pay over retail. PM me.

Another Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) project.

I tried listening to Bon Iver many times, but the vocals are so goddamn soft I can't hear what Justin's saying :lol:

Is this dude ever NOT making music though?

Anyone here like Portugal the man? The new album is pretty good.

Not a fan of the new album. Their first one is one of my favorites.

Last edited:
This is a really awesome thread, rarely come into the music forum.

Apologize if any of these have been posted, but they been on nonstop repeat :pimp:

Last edited:
SoccerTy thanks for posting work drugs Ive been listening to them ever since your post.  Vacationer and Yacht for your listening pleasure.

Washed Out – Don’t Give Up & It All Feels Right

New album due August 12th. Love the new songs...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom