INDIE Music Thread

yes sir..

i've heard it about 5 times and i still don't understand most of the sounds i'm hearing..:smokin

nicolas jaar is definitely not from this planet, his production style is my favorite right now.

space is only noise >>>>>

it really is something else. Got to thank him for that.
...if you can see.

Where are you guys listening to the album? Also does anyone know where I can download their daftside album?

Official release is today. It was leaked so it could be found here and there, soundcloud too I believe.
Daftside is up on youtube. And because it's a mixtape it should be available for free, but I may be wrong.

My Morning Jacket - Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am (Feat. Merrill Garbus & Brittany Howard)

The Red Hot organization has been putting out great compilations of music since it's first CD of Cole Porter covers in 1990 benefiting Aids charities. They just put out their second disc of Fela Kuti tunes called Red Hot & Fela. Fela is one of the most under appreciated musicians ever. He is Africa's answer to Bob Marley. Just an immensely talented artist.

MMJ appears on the album & does a smoldering cover featuring Merrill Garbus & Alabama Shake's Brittany Howard on backround vocals. Check it you...

The original

first time checking into this thread. always love discovering new music. definitely feeling haim and CHVRCHES s/o to you all for putting me on :pimp:

sorry if it doesn't classify as indie. idk if indie=subpop 
ohwell.gif

but anyways, i dig this music. thanks to skate videos i really got into this genre and it keeps me from getting mad when i'm skating if i'm playing it 
laugh.gif

EDIT: hunx and his punx may be a little weird but their sound is dope so don't judge 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Polica's "Shulamith" album 
eek.gif

Channy skated on this...damn i love her voice

pimp.gif

*sorry for the annoying video i couldnt find another*

Last edited:
Maybe some have heard this but its new to me and I like the flow on it.

My friends video maybe I can get some opinions on it to tell him. Thanks to anybody that replies

Last edited:

Polica's "Shulamith" album 
eek.gif

Channy skated on this...damn i love her voice

pimp.gif

*sorry for the annoying video i couldnt find another*

Whole album is damn ridiculous.  Pretty much all I've been listening to since Tuesday.  

Dat voice tho.  I'd hold her hand repeatedly if given the opportunity.  

Cocteau Twins - Heaven Or Las Vegas & Frou-Frou Foxes In Midsummer Fires

I wonder if Polica's Channy Leaneagh gets inspiration from the Cocteau Twins' Elizabeth Fraser? If you're not familiar with this band, I highly recommend this album, Heaven Or Las Vegas...

Last edited:
Volcano Choir - Comrade
the emotion in which he sings this song 
pimp.gif
...right around 4:00 especially 

Justin has been my favorite songwriter/musician since For Emma, Forever Ago came out...hes not afraid to take his music in different directions, the diversity between the projects hes been a part of (Bon Iver, Volcano Choir, Shouting Matches, Gayngs) is incredible...and yet it all sounds so very good...even the solo stuff from his early days is worth listening to, "Ring Out" and "Sides" are amazing songs...dude is a god

and he's from Wisconsin which is awesome

Last edited:
the emotion in which he sings this song :pimp: ...right around 4:00 especially 

Justin has been my favorite songwriter/musician since For Emma, Forever Ago came out...hes not afraid to take his music in different directions, the diversity between the projects hes been a part of (Bon Iver, Volcano Choir, Shouting Matches, Gayngs) is incredible...and yet it all sounds so very good...even the solo stuff from his early days is worth listening to, "Ring Out" and "Sides" are amazing songs...dude is a god

and he's from Wisconsin which is awesome

Completely agree. Justin is one of my favorite artists out there right now.

Can anyone at all tell me anything at all about Young & Sick?

House of Spirits was one of my favorite songs last year but that's one of only 2 songs that they've released.

Back
Top Bottom