INDIE Music Thread

I haven't been in here in a while, have a lot of catching up to do. Usually find some really good bands in here that I've never heard of it.

I wasn't too crazy about that CHVRCHES album though.

New Blood Orange album is insanely good. It's really unorthodox in the sense that it's just a weirdly structured album but it works so well. Some songs I don't even know if Dev is on the track or not but it sounds amazing so I couldn't care less :lol:

2013 has been a really good year as far as alternative/indie albums go. Going to be hard to compile a list of my 10 favorites of the year.

I just found out about this talented young woman. I'm really digging her music. Saw her live, and really enjoyed her performance. Just thought I'd share.

this +

Toro y moi s music is :smokin along with Washed Out.

One of the best albums I have heard in the past couple of years. Perfect feel for almost any situation. I highly suggest you guys listen to it all the way through if you have not done so.

new broken bells...thought the first album was really good

got tickets to their NYC show in March, hope the album has a sound similar to above

I am in love with that new Broken Bells track. Heard it on my way to the warriors game last week and drunkenly realized this was a song worth shazamming.

Their older stuff doesn't appeal to me but this hits my beegee-spot.

As for chvrches, I like them. Saw them in SF back in May. But honestly sort of shallow. A few good tracks, good positive energy and a prince cover will round out the show.

Can't wait for the new St Vincent record. Just bought tickets for her EU tour next year.

Short teaser of a new track below..

got a chance to see them live a few weeks back and ended up becoming good friends with keyboardist, Simon, and the drummer, Perrin. They're real cool and down to earth people so I told them I'd tell everyone I meet about their music lol.Their debut album is on soundcloud if anyone wants to check it out.

The lead singer (Nai Palm) sounds like Amy Winehouse meets Jill Scott.

hiatus kaiyote is the truth and their album is really good, i just wish it was longer..

judging by their name and the album cover you would never think they make the type of music that they do, though.

I've been lurking this thread and I must say the music suggestions are on point 

That Chvrches album is nice 

Back
Top Bottom