INDIE Music Thread

Gordon Voidwell

I'm listening to his mixtape Bad Etudes right now, really liking it. Song in this post is a different version of track 11 on his tape.

Last edited:
St. Vincent - Digital Witness

I'm not too into her but heard this song the other day & really liked it. Kinda has a Prince vibe to it. Was she doing this type of sound prior to "collabing" with David Byrne?

Last edited:
Definitely going to have to check the little dragon release

Picked up St. Vincent....im extremely impressed. Just sonically with the synth and guitar sounds....impressive

Finally picked up Broken Bells. Again extremely impressed.
I heard good things about sun kil moon. Its on my list

I want to pick up white sands by homeboy sandman dudes flow is super uniqe as far as rappers go. I loved the goodsun didn't know he released so many projects last year :smh: at me

Anyone check the new Beck album? How is it
And i like Fall in Love and Black out Days is phantagram's album worth it?

Last edited:
Brian Eno - By This River

JK, I really like the Beck album. Might be my favorite release so far this year. It's more mature sounding than his previous releases though but I like it.

Posting some old school stuff.

Lou Reed - Perfect Day

The War On Drugs have my fav album of 2014 so far

Recommended if you like'd the Kurt Vile record from last year, psychedlic Bruce or Tom Petty (or any dad-rock rendered slightly trippy, really)

St. Vincent's new album is easily her worst. I'm all for trying a new sound, but it didn't seem to flourish too well with this album. When I heard her perform Krokodil a couple years ago, I thought she very well could have put together a great album that sounded different from her previous ones.

I like a few tracks. I thought Digital Witness was awful; reminded me of something that should have been on Love This Giant, which I didn't enjoy at all.

^ My opinion on the album is like the exact opposite of yours haha. I was by no means a huge St. Vincent fan before but she really got me with this project. After multiple listens through I think she's released the best album of 2014 so far and it's not even close.

What do you guys think of Woods?

Personally I think they're terrific. The vocals give me a bit of an MGMT vibe, but the music has much more of a folk/baroque pop sound. One word I would use to describe their sound is "lush".

When I listen to some Beach House, I feel like Hannibal Lector is going to come out from behind the curtains & slice me up... Or that creepy guy (Buffalo Bill?) that says, "put the lotion in the basket" is going to come out from behind my couch. :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
tumblr_mc244qBrCY1rfvxe2o1_500.gif

I see the comparison of Beach House and Q lazzarus 
laugh.gif

I'm impressed that you knew the name of the group... I'll rep you when my limit expires... :lol:

Edit - I'd rep you twice for finding the appropriate gif too... :D

Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom