INDIE Music Thread

Shura wasn't bad but I wish I knew some of her music before the show tho. Coulda met her
after the show too but it was crowded.

saw Phantogram when they opened for Muse last year. didn't know who they were but they absolutely killed it. gained a fan that night

Ended up going to Phantogram tonight :smokin Thank goodness the Stubhub price wasn't ridiculous
this morning.

Last edited:
BBNG is good stuff. Their drummer is crazy. Didn't know they dropped a new album. I'll check it out. Hope I can catch them live one day.

*Edit
Finally listened to BBNG's new album IV and talk about evolution. They calmed down A LOT on this album and went for a more jazz lounge sound. All in all i like it. Features were good too.

Wish I heard Charlotte Day Wilson earlier. I wanted to go to a Brasstracks show but decided against it because they were only the openers for CDW and i thought she was some folk singer :lol:

Last edited:
New Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam is incredible....I am a massive fan of The Walkmen and VW though so my opinion is biased.

Jim James - Here In Spirit & Same Old Lie

This guy (& his band) along with Bon Iver are the most interesting American musicians IMO... They come up with the most original music out there. I love how their music provides a kind of intimacy with the listener. Not a lot of bands or musicians can do that anymore.

Edit - I'd put the Alabama Shakes in there to.

Last edited:
Any albums you guys recommend that have a feel and quality similar to Bloom by Beach House?

A few years ago you dudes put me onto vibes that are similar to the drive soundtrack when I asked which I'm sill grateful for :pimp:

Last edited:
I never get through the whole album but the first 7 or so tracks when I start my mornings relaxed are great

I remember a girl was trying to get me to listen to Deer Hunter religiously lol.

Here's some japanese disco music fam

Back
Top Bottom