indonesia nike labor

if they made shoes in the US gr lebrons would cost $500
are you serious?

NB are fine shoes made in America that cost less than most Nikes .. Just saying, it can happen but the profit margin will decrease significantly ...

I don't think that's something Nike or any other company wants to do.
more of a joke about nike's high prices

and 99% of a time a major company has something made in america they have all the parts made somewhere cheep and just assemble it in america
This is true for my neighbors company. 
laugh.gif
 Says made in the USA too. 
mean.gif

On the case and shades.....

Last edited:
thing is people see things like 2 dollars a day and think that its like the US. 2 dollars in indonesia will buy you WAY more than it would in the states, not saying its a lot of money but if you factor in CPI and cost of living what they make is enough to live off of
Clearly understand your point of view - However, it is exploitation ...

It was wrong before and it is wrong now - regardless!

Last edited:
thing is people see things like 2 dollars a day and think that its like the US. 2 dollars in indonesia will buy you WAY more than it would in the states, not saying its a lot of money but if you factor in CPI and cost of living what they make is enough to live off of
Clearly understand your point of view - However, it is exploitation ...

It was wrong before and it is wrong now - regardless!
trade always benefits both parties, if these workers had a better job option they would take it.

Currently wearing Nike cargo shorts, Nike shoes, and Nike socks.

Read through this thread, and my care cup remained empty.

true!

some of the shoes from indonesia are cheap because ours labours

they paid very low and must have hard woker

but,

if need cheap snekers from indonesia nike, adidas, new balance, kangaros, etc

please feel free to contact me

roll.gif

i'm from indonesia and i confirm this!! the full report on the link below
http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-18528-nikeleaks.html?current_page=2

that's why from around 2008 nike shift over the manufacture most of them to china and other south east asian countries like vietnam. my country still struggling with economics crisis that struck us from 1997 and lot of corruption happen from higher ranking official until lowest ranking (that show how bad burecracy in Indonesia :smh: ) after that the situation in our country is really unstable and it drove away all foreign investor out from Indonesia. but i think labor situation in china much more worse than in my country especially they didn't have law of human rights over there and they using prisoners to do hard labor work for them without or minimum payment , the chinese government also fully control their people and few of them have the guts to protest or confront the government rather they accept the reality in china.

even nike didn't care much marketing their product in Indonesia anymore because they know how bad our bureaucracy. for example Nike all star shoes (kobe, KD, and bunch of others) should be release worldwide during or around all star break in between feb-march but in Indonesia they release it 8-9 months after :smh: how the hell this happen? because most of the shipment stuck in customs and didn't get clearance assuming those officials working in customs want some kind extra payment bribery to them for clearance. even after finally nike got the shipment and they directly release those shoes straight to factory store (in discounted price)

Back
Top Bottom