**********Infinite g35 Coupe owners...come in!!! vol m6? *************

hey guys...as related to my other post
who owns a g35 and please tell me some pros/cons bout it?

does it make a diff. if i get a 2003/04/05/
its the m6 THAT much better??

just some general points bout the car...maintence wise is it good? quality? etc....

Originally Posted by kobe242007

hey guys...as related to my other post
who owns a g35 and please tell me some pros/cons bout it?

does it make a diff. if i get a 2003/04/05/
its the m6 THAT much better??

just some general points bout the car...maintence wise is it good? quality? etc....

Are you serious when you're comparing the G35 to the M6? The G35 is $33-40,000 brand new...the M6 is almost $100,000. The G35 is a 3.5L V6...the M6 isa V10 pumping out 500HP.

I forget the exact year, but after 2005 or 2006, the G35's interior got a nice update and looks very nice. I don't have the G myself, but haveabout 5 friends with them. Pretty reliable for the most part. Just minor electrical problems. The cons of the G35 is that the trunk space is small and thebackseats won't be able to seat grown adults comfortably.

These 2 cars are not even comparable by any means. If you want a BMW that (somewhat) compares to the G35...look the E92 335i or E46 330ci.

i have a 2006 g35 coupe, its a great car. its reliable i havent had any problems with it yet and i have about 15k on it. im thinking about selling it howeverbefore college cause i need the cash, or i might go for an evo not sure yet.

Ive been looking for a new car, g35 being one of them, then maybe a bmw m3 or maybe an 04/05 audi s4

Originally Posted by jdidkc

i have a 2006 g35 coupe, its a great car. its reliable i havent had any problems with it yet and i have about 15k on it. im thinking about selling it however before college cause i need the cash, or i might go for an evo not sure yet.

Coming from an ex Evo owner..you're not going to save any money by switching from the G to an Evo. Going to spend around the same, if not more for theEvo.

^ yeah i know haha thats if i stay for college here. if i go far for college then my car is gnna go and i might just buy a beater.

lmao at you guys yelling at this guy. M6 means manual 6 speed. do some homework before you trash some one. hes comparing the 5speed auto to the 6 speed manual.

my friend owns an auto 5 speed. its pretty quick but it has less hp than the m6. if you like manual and you wont hate city driving then get the manual

Are you serious when you're comparing the G35 to the M6?
word. I thought I was missing something when i read the title.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ucbearcats27

Maybe he means the 6 speed manual transmission??

I thought the same thing at first wj

Lol, I donno man. I've heard various ways to state a manual...6 speed manual, standard transmission, 6MT. But M6? You may be right though. Ifsomeone has the money to blow on an M6, they wouldn't even consider a G35 at all.

I have a 06 G coupe with the premium, sports, and rear-active steer packages.

Pros: Luxury with the performance. Now I know it isn't the fastest car on the road, but I don't front like it is. The G35 coupe has the performancewithout comprising much on the luxury side. Bose sound system is a plus.

Cons: Gas mileage, no real use of those back seats, but other than that I've tried to keep my car in tip-top condition and no real major problems thus far.

03/04/05/06: The 2005-'06 models have 298hp/ 260lb-ft tq., while the earlier '03-'04 coupe models had 280hp/ 270lb-ft tq. But only the earlier'03-'04 models came with the optional Brembo brake package; however the newer '05-'06 coupes have bigger brakes.

The rear headlights for the 03-05 models are different as well, They are smoothened and have no trunk release button, but still are LED's:
Rear.jpg

The 06 models came with newer tail lights that are not the same smooth look, have a trunk release, and slightly altered look of the rear white lights:
g35coupe06_11.jpg

The 03-05 models have non-projector headlights, but have the side clearance light (instead of a strip):
G35%20Clear%20Corner%20Passenger%20Side.JPG

'06 headlights come projector, bi-xenon standard, but with a clearance strip:
jqnvwy.jpg

I believe most, if not all, G35 coupe's have the premium package (which is all the stuff I mentioned, such as: Bose sound system, Bluetooth hands-freesystem, sunroof, etc, etc).

By "m6" he meant manual 6-speed transmission, because, yes, the G35 coupe has a 6-speed manual transmission too. That's what the sports packageincludes. It has the 19" 'sport' rims, integrated front lip in the front bumper, and the 6MT. The 03-04aero-package was a separate option which included the "iron-board" style wing, but they changed the wing to a lip type/ little spoiler for 06 models.As far as the 6MT is concerned I'd say, if you are in a congested area, don't bother unless you are already a master of manual, ha. If you just want asmooth ride to chill and cruise in, and occasionally go WOT then 5AT is fine... but die hards say 6mt or nothing at all.
wink.gif

Quality wise, I love it. No major engine or mechanical problems at all. Sound system works great (some people had trouble on jamming units). Only advice I haveis that when you get it, treat it nicely. Keep it nice condition, give it a nice whip me down when it gets dusty in the interior, yah dig, and vacuum it everynow and then.

Hope that helps...

M6 is wat they call the coupes with manual ******...

i know u can call it a 6 speed, 6MT watever...but its CALLLLLED the M6..

clowns

^epic fail
indifferent.gif

you can call it a "m6" but don't blame ppl when they give u weird looks
grin.gif
so what do u call the autos? "a5"?

Originally Posted by kobe242007

M6 is wat they call the coupes with manual ******...

i know u can call it a 6 speed, 6MT watever...but its CALLLLLED the M6..

clowns

Clowns? Link to any threads to anyone else saying this except for you? Whether it be on G35driver.net or hell, anywhere else on the internet.

Let me chime in....

I have a 2005 6MT coupe. I have had it for about a year now and I do enjoy it. The 05+ coupes got the nicer interior and the Revup engine.

6MT vs 5AT? I have driven the 5AT before and it is just so-so. I love my 6MT, however, since I live in a city with alot of traffic, an automatic would be niceat times, but I love my 6MT.

I can't really think of many cons other than up-keep. Oh yea, since I do 90% city driving, I only get about 13MPG.

And in regards to calling a manual transmission a M6, I have NEVER heard anyone use that term and I frequent numerous car forums.

The more traditional terminology, at least in regards to the G35 and 350Z is 6MT. I also hear MT. But never M6.

its called 6MT, not M6...everybody thinks about the BMW when u say M6...he should clarify

Mine was ok. Nothing to write home about. I fell in love with the styling and the it was fun to drive but not the most reliable car I've ever owned. I hada 2003.

IMO - my BMW drives better for the most part. All I need is a nice turning radius, and I for sure get that with the BMW.

Back
Top Bottom