INFINITI G35 Coupe Owners come in por favor.

I had a 2003, it was ok. Didn't hate it, but ran into some issues. Electrical causing battery drains amongst some other stuff.

Sold it and got a 3 series, and personally, I enjoy driving the 3 a bit better.

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

So, Bad on gas.. I am assuming 17-22 HWMPG? Something in that range. Hopefully gas doesn't skyrocket again.
Well if you plan to own the car for over 2 years, expect another gas price spike.

nothing amazing about the car except exterior looks. good car but overpriced and overweight, not worth the $.

Anything under 04-05 G coupes seem to be going for really low right now. My friend just bought an 04 with 30k miles for 16k in the bay area. It really dependson how much you like the car, because there are quite a few things that will bug u about it. Oil consumption is a huge problem with the G's. There are amillion and one rattles and kinks and clicks and all kinds of weird noises that will make you feel uneasy. If you plan on getting a manual, its a lil trickierthen others, and not as smooth. As far as the sedan/coupe comparison goes. There are some really clean sedans out there, but i think you'd have to mod ittastefully for it to look as nice as a stock coupe. I think the in the newer model sedan/coupes, the sedans actually weigh LESS then the coupes by a couplehundred pounds. The G is a great car, but there are definitely little things that will continue to bug u. If ur the type to not care about the little things,then the pros far outweigh the cons.

I have one btw, so im not bashing the G. Every car has its problems, so the G is no different.

Just put these on last weekend, so im trying to show em off as much as possible. rofl.

and as far as gas mileage. it depends on how u drive it. I go about 50/50 city/freeway and get about 19-21 mpg. if i go 90% freeway it gets to about 23 mpggoing at 70mph. I only get on it occasionally, so it really depends on how u drive.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

nice rims...what kind?

and tires?
seen it in the other thread n wanted to ask some questions about it

i have a 06 sedan, its fun to drive compared to the 96 camry i had before this but i been looking into getting a black coupe something like the 1 above

Originally Posted by silentxnight

Anything under 04-05 G coupes seem to be going for really low right now. My friend just bought an 04 with 30k miles for 16k in the bay area. It really depends on how much you like the car, because there are quite a few things that will bug u about it. Oil consumption is a huge problem with the G's. There are a million and one rattles and kinks and clicks and all kinds of weird noises that will make you feel uneasy. If you plan on getting a manual, its a lil trickier then others, and not as smooth. As far as the sedan/coupe comparison goes. There are some really clean sedans out there, but i think you'd have to mod it tastefully for it to look as nice as a stock coupe. I think the in the newer model sedan/coupes, the sedans actually weigh LESS then the coupes by a couple hundred pounds. The G is a great car, but there are definitely little things that will continue to bug u. If ur the type to not care about the little things, then the pros far outweigh the cons.

I have one btw, so im not bashing the G. Every car has its problems, so the G is no different.

Just put these on last weekend, so im trying to show em off as much as possible. rofl.

and as far as gas mileage. it depends on how u drive it. I go about 50/50 city/freeway and get about 19-21 mpg. if i go 90% freeway it gets to about 23 mpg going at 70mph. I only get on it occasionally, so it really depends on how u drive.
Wow man, that's realllllyyy clean. Thanks for the feedback. I am mostly a city driver, but I have to go to Cleveland at least 2 times aweek, which is about 30 miles away or so. Do you have snow in your area? And is the car really THAT bad in snow? Oh yeah, and that rim and tire combo isheavvyy.

this car would be beautiful if the interior was as nice as the exterior
the analog clock is so out of place it absolutely ruins this car for me

A friend of mine also bought an 04 with under 100k for around 18k last month...This seems to be the popular one along with a 3 series when it comes to drivingan entry level sports/luxury whip. I wouldn't recommend buying it for the snow though unless you getting the AWD sedan. I have actually heard that in mostcases us the sedan faster than the coupe...ironic huh.

Originally Posted by silentxnight

Anything under 04-05 G coupes seem to be going for really low right now. My friend just bought an 04 with 30k miles for 16k in the bay area. It really depends on how much you like the car, because there are quite a few things that will bug u about it. Oil consumption is a huge problem with the G's. There are a million and one rattles and kinks and clicks and all kinds of weird noises that will make you feel uneasy. If you plan on getting a manual, its a lil trickier then others, and not as smooth. As far as the sedan/coupe comparison goes. There are some really clean sedans out there, but i think you'd have to mod it tastefully for it to look as nice as a stock coupe. I think the in the newer model sedan/coupes, the sedans actually weigh LESS then the coupes by a couple hundred pounds. The G is a great car, but there are definitely little things that will continue to bug u. If ur the type to not care about the little things, then the pros far outweigh the cons.

I was thinking about getting one but now youre making me have second thoughts.

whats a good alternative to the G35/350z?

I was torn between a G35 Coupe and a RSX. They both aren't that pricey. I still want the G35 though, more so because my friend just got a 05 Tiburon GT andhas been stuntin' on me.
laugh.gif
cheap ol' thang.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

this car would be beautiful if the interior was as nice as the exterior
the analog clock is so out of place it absolutely ruins this car for me
yup..the interior is horrible. i do like the analog clock tho, only the ones from 06 and up tho lol. The updated interior in the 07 G35 sedan isso nice, i wish they used that interior in the 07 coupe.
The rims are SSR GT-2 and were powder coated time attack. I'm in the bay area, so i have no idea what driving in the snow would be like. However, i haveread reviews from other members who drive in the snow with their Gs. With all RWD cars, its gonna be harder to function in the snow. Again, i think it reallydepends on ur style of driving and how good ur driving skills are. Some people say that they do fine in the snow with the stock tires, others put sandbags inthe trunk, others have a set of winter tires, and some have beaters. If you are really worried about the snow, get the G35x which is the sedan.

Curiousgeorge...the G isnt really that bad. A lot of the rattles are things that you can put up with on a daily basis unless you are really picky and just analabout things, and its not like its constantly making noises throughout the whole time. Luckily, my G didnt have the oil consumption problem. I do get theoccasional rattles and such, especially in the lower gears, it sounds like a freakin diesel lol. Kind of embarrassing tbh when it happens and i know others canhear it lol. But i think the looks and the exhaust make up for all the rattles lol.

Visit g35driver.com and just hang around the G35 coupe/sedan sections and you should find all the answers you need.

Get the coupe over the sedan! Trust me!
I've never been happier with mine

Check out G35Driver.com or MyG37.com if anything. They got everything down about these cars. 03-04 go for pretty cheap. At my work I think they were around$14-16g and anything that was 05 and up was closer to around $20g. Just do some research. They are sick as hell to own.

Back
Top Bottom