Infiniti M vs Lexus GS (2006 and up)

Originally Posted by Mr718

(After)

The front end change out took a lil more parts than I was expecting. Bumper, grille, lower grille, and left & right fog bezels.

From another site:

2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Bumper - $275 (From a nearby shop - very good deal, the actual bumper usually goes for $330+)
Right Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62256-EJ90C] - $45.51 (Quoted $89.20 from dealership)
Left Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62257-EJ90C] - $47.73 (Quoted $93.54 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 Grille [Part Number# 62310-EJ90B] - $235.98 (Quoted $332.50 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 BOTTOM Grille [Part Number# 62254-EJ90A] - $93.22 (Quoted $156.62 from dealership)
2008 Grille Emblem - W/ Sport Package - $32.85

These parts can all be purchased off of http://www.InfinitiPartsUSA.com !!
Simply copy & paste the part numbers listed above into the search function on their website and they will pop up in their database.
And, as always, search eBay first to find potentially better prices.

My Preliminary Final Cost Breakdown:
All parts for bumper & actual bumper component $730.29
Cost for painting the 2008-2010 Sport bumper $320
Body shop installation fee/labor charges $141.20 (this cost can be removed if you choose to install the bumper yourself)

Total Cost: $1,191.49
I was able to lower my cost by finding some of the parts on Ebay and finding which Infiniti dealer in NY had the lowest price on the parts.  I cant really compare my cost because I had some other dents and dings worked out.  Installed and painted shouldn't run more than $300 (and that's pushing it). Also helps if you can put them on yourself or have a body shop hookup.  I also recovered some of my cost by selling the old grille and parts on Ebay.

I never really asked myself if I made the right decision because I'm sure I did.  The only thing is that V8 is nothing to play around with when it comes to gas, might wanna opt for the V6 M35.  Just like anyone with any other car, I got a lil used to it and wanted a new car so the new front end satisfied my thirst for a refresh.  I know someone personally who has a '06 GS and after being in that car, I would change my decision.  Hope this helps.

sick refresh...  so you are saying that you would have picked the GS?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

(After)

The front end change out took a lil more parts than I was expecting. Bumper, grille, lower grille, and left & right fog bezels.

From another site:

2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Bumper - $275 (From a nearby shop - very good deal, the actual bumper usually goes for $330+)
Right Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62256-EJ90C] - $45.51 (Quoted $89.20 from dealership)
Left Fog Light Lens [Part Number# 62257-EJ90C] - $47.73 (Quoted $93.54 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 Grille [Part Number# 62310-EJ90B] - $235.98 (Quoted $332.50 from dealership)
2008 Infiniti M45 BOTTOM Grille [Part Number# 62254-EJ90A] - $93.22 (Quoted $156.62 from dealership)

Simply copy & paste the part numbers listed above into the search function on their website and they will pop up in their database.

Body shop installation fee/labor charges $141.20 (this cost can be removed if you choose to install the bumper yourself)

I was able to lower my cost by finding some of the parts on Ebay and finding which Infiniti dealer in NY had the lowest price on the parts.  I cant really compare my cost because I had some other dents and dings worked out.  Installed and painted shouldn't run more than $300 (and that's pushing it). Also helps if you can put them on yourself or have a body shop hookup.  I also recovered some of my cost by selling the old grille and parts on Ebay.

I never really asked myself if I made the right decision because I'm sure I did.  The only thing is that V8 is nothing to play around with when it comes to gas, might wanna opt for the V6 M35.  Just like anyone with any other car, I got a lil used to it and wanted a new car so the new front end satisfied my thirst for a refresh.  I know someone personally who has a '06 GS and after being in that car, I would change my decision.  Hope this helps.

Woah! Typo, lol.  I wouldN'T (no pun intended).

(After)

From another site:

Woah! Typo, lol.  I wouldN'T (no pun intended).

laugh.gif
.... i was about to say.... what do you think about this... price is a little bit up there with the miles but this one is fully loaded like yours.. there is a silver one with less miles but not the rear dvd ( yes i got kids )
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ype=b&num_records=25&cardist=1&standard=false

laugh.gif
.... i was about to say.... what do you think about this... price is a little bit up there with the miles but this one is fully loaded like yours.. there is a silver one with less miles but not the rear dvd ( yes i got kids )
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ype=b&num_records=25&cardist=1&standard=false
The miles arent bad considering the age of the car but that price is too high.  I brought mine Aug, '08 for $23,300 w/ 59,xxx.  My miles were kinda high (lease return) but I'm only the 2nd owner.  So that price should be about $3k less imo.  That's a sport model so some may find the suspension stiff but other like the cornering.  All in all, with a lower price, thats a good buy.

laugh.gif
The miles arent bad considering the age of the car but that price is too high.  I brought mine Aug, '08 for $23,300 w/ 59,xxx.  My miles were kinda high (lease return) but I'm only the 2nd owner.  So that price should be about $3k less imo.  That's a sport model so some may find the suspension stiff but other like the cornering.  All in all, with a lower price, thats a good buy.

eh, i wouldnt get the M45, i mean if gas isnt the isssue then go for it. My m35 barley gets 18mpg average so i dont know if gas is really an issue. If you commute, do not get it. If you drive between 15-25 miles a day, no problem.

eh, i wouldnt get the M45, i mean if gas isnt the isssue then go for it. My m35 barley gets 18mpg average so i dont know if gas is really an issue. If you commute, do not get it. If you drive between 15-25 miles a day, no problem.

gas is not a problem... my kids school is across the street and my work is 5min away...... yeah the price seemed kinda high for that car... i was gonna see if they are willing to pay my tax and everything for around 24/25 OTD....

gas is not a problem... my kids school is across the street and my work is 5min away...... yeah the price seemed kinda high for that car... i was gonna see if they are willing to pay my tax and everything for around 24/25 OTD....

Back
Top Bottom