Information Technology (IT)

Finally

1645306326816.png

Fiyah. Welcome to the club. Recommendation is to keep going if you can. Eventually, you get tired of the cert rat race.

Now get your TS...lol

It's only required if you work at a federal job where they process, store and work on top-secret enclaves.

The government operates several networks (enclaves). Unclassified, which touches the public internet. And then secret and top secret. They're all "separated".

So you need a clearance to be able to get access to the area the systems operates in. You need a clearance to get an account and access the network.

There are plenty of jobs where you don't need a secret or top secret clearance. But it helps with job opportunities. My friend got a job at Microsoft and he got a bonus for having top secret with Poly.
Yeah, we touch all enclaves where I’m at. Although a TS isn’t required we still load SCI. I would love to get a TS tho. Add more money and opportunities for sure

1645284260301.jpeg

I figured out how to stay available in Teams all day. Make sure my laptop and work phone is charged (but bring the cords just in case). I be ripping and running all over. I can get a haircut when everybody at work. I give them enough work for them to know I’m actually doing something :lol:
Seems like nothing I do keeps me available all day in Teams (other than a meeting). Put me on or pm me

If I sign in to my laptop and minimize Teams immediately before it fully loads while everything is loading for some reason it keeps me green all day. Doesn’t seem like that will work elsewhere but works at my company.

Yeah, we touch all enclaves where I’m at. Although a TS isn’t required we still load SCI. I would love to get a TS tho. Add more money and opportunities for sure
True it does but man the rules get annoying at times plus not many allow remote which is my requirement going forward. Tired of driving to work everyday. Luckily spot I’m at now is flexible, basically go into the office 4 days a week sometimes 3 and work remote.

Jobs require you to be green on teams all day? We are switching over to Teams from Skype. My boss and I always just change ours to busy in Skype. I guess I will play around in teams.

I wonder if the YouTube trick to prevent screen savers would work? I had a site I would go to that would prevent a screen saver from showing up.

Think I finally got the push to get into cloud computing. My boys mentor makes 750K as expert cloud architect. Salary certainly the outlier and not the norm but I would be good off 350 - 400K a year. Probably not doable for most but always been able to command a higher salary from jobs based off my interviews.

Also based off the energy I bring that I don’t need this job you need me more than I need you. Approach every interview that way and you good.

About to get on this Udemy and look around for additional study guides to get both associates certs.

750K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are his qualifications?

My friend works at M$ as a Customer Success something. Mainly dealing with IC Cloud customers. With the stock stuff, he makes above $200. But almost a million architecting...

Right now, I have the AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator and Cloud+. I'd like to get a few more Azure and maybe the Cloud CISSP Cert (or whatever they call it).

Guy has been in Cloud since early days also at Walmart, so you know they pay well. Maybe not front line employees but certainly infrastructure people. Like I said I don't expect to see 750K jobs around often but to know they are out there is a plus for me. Nothing motivates me more than money, really just been going through the motions in IT for a while. How are you liking Azure, kind of been dodging Azure since it's Microsoft and thought AWS was more valuable. I can tell you now I ain't getting NOTHING with CISSP in it regular CISSP or Cloud CISSP. Nope good on that.

I'm in the military so I don't touch any cloud lol. Microsoft has the Enterprise Skills Initiative so I've taken AZ900, 105, 500 and about to take the networking one next week. There are labs in the class. Seems straight forward.

I think it's cool. I haven't the chance to do VPNs, circuits, etc. Not crazy about blobs, containers, etc.

CISSP is just an alphabet soup to help get your foot in the door.

Think I finally got the push to get into cloud computing. My boys mentor makes 750K as expert cloud architect. Salary certainly the outlier and not the norm but I would be good off 350 - 400K a year. Probably not doable for most but always been able to command a higher salary from jobs based off my interviews.

Also based off the energy I bring that I don’t need this job you need me more than I need you. Approach every interview that way and you good.

About to get on this Udemy and look around for additional study guides to get both associates certs.
Yeah it's dope to be in on the ground floor but at expert level of new tech. Like CCIEs back in the day or VMware cats about 10 years ago.

Can’t wait to I get on y’all level in here. Doing all the studying I can before I make the transition.

I'm in the military so I don't touch any cloud lol. Microsoft has the Enterprise Skills Initiative so I've taken AZ900, 105, 500 and about to take the networking one next week. There are labs in the class. Seems straight forward.

I think it's cool. I haven't the chance to do VPNs, circuits, etc. Not crazy about blobs, containers, etc.

CISSP is just an alphabet soup to help get your foot in the door.
Personally think CISSP is overrated, too much work for one exam. Happy with CASP, opens same doors for me at my stage in the game. IAT levels are all the same no matter the cert it is either a 2 or 3. Gladly take an easier exam as long as it's the level I need to check off. CASP is a IAT Level 3 just like CISSP, no plans on needing to check the box for IAM III or IASAE III. HELL I am trying to get out of DOD world so I can get more WFH opportunities.

CCNA? Overated? Maybe. But great resume booster and recruiter filter.

PMP? Overated? Maybe. But great resume booster and recruiter filter.

CISSP? Overated? Maybe. But great resume booster and recruiter filter.

If the pursuit of money is your end goal, disregarding options that can help with that goal may not be the best approach.

If the pursuit of money is your end goal, disregarding options that can help with that goal may not be the best approach.
Money over effort, if I can get to the same money goal without taking CISSP. Cool. Unless I see a position that basically says will pay you 350 only if you have CISSP, I ain't worrying about it.

I wonder what getting A bunch of the aws certs would do lol. I know experience is king in IT but there’s gotta be something you can get if you’re self practicing in a free tier aws account w those certs.

Money over effort, if I can get to the same money goal without taking CISSP. Cool. Unless I see a position that basically says will pay you 350 only if you have CISSP, I ain't worrying about it.
But if you plan on getting out of DoD wouldn’t CISSP be the one you need? Because CASP is more rounded towards DoD and not private sector.

Currently hold CCNA and Sec+ but definitely interested in Cyber/Or AWS Cloud.

What Are you looking into doing once you’re in the civilian world?

What Are you looking into doing once you’re in the civilian world?
Cloud. I am so all over the place, the new job I am thinking about taking will upgrade my clearance. If I take the job and they upgrade my clearance that would be great. Yet in one breath I'm like I want to get out of the DOD world. I would really just get the upgraded clearance because I have been trying to get it for so long.

Currently only looking for positions that would increase my clearance level. Missed on something already because a contract fell through smh

Currently only looking for positions that would increase my clearance level. Missed on something already because a contract fell through smh
Back in the day picking up a security guard position would be the easiest way to up your clearance. Are you in metro DC area?

Back
Top Bottom