Information Technology (IT)

MS Skills cloud challenge back again, this time AZ-104 is one of the free certs you can get
Awesome share. I’m lazy but maybe I’ll try for AZ305.

I’ll never knock the AWS Cloud Practitioner, but may have application for more technical-minded folks (unless you are interested in the business side of cloud/IT).

AWS Solutions Architect - Associate is another good starting point, as well.
And AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate.

You could do practitioner (which is equivalent to AZ900 though not lifetime like M$)>Solutions Architect (which some say isn’t hard) then SysOps. SysOps is probably going to get ya foot in the door since it’s the actual nerd knobs for AWS.

I been getting my UC skills up. Working on a huge UC refresh project for a big non-DoD client and we're almost done with the project.

my regional manager liked my performance and the feds asked our company for 3 UC engineers to stay after the project is over as O&M staff.

Our company had 2 engineers for them but couldnt find a 3rd (they tried interviewing but they couldnt find anyone good enough)

regional manager decided to put me as the third even though im not on the engineer level yet. But basically he said the other 2 UC engineers will be my mentors and they'll help me get my skills up even quicker :pimp:

expecting a good promotion in a month or two. thankful for this opportunity.

Another lay off at Disney.
I used to watch her TikTok’s a few times when she would do those day in the life’s vids.

Stay safe out there yall

Last edited:
The consultant at my workplace (HR software company) who kept filing nonsensical tickets in JIRA finally got fired or resigned after 3 years.
To be fair, he's often not in the office due to his consultancy role regularly requiring him to be on location with clients but how is it that I've worked there for a year and I've never heard him say a single word? I legit don't know what he even sounds like. It's hard to imagine him interacting with clients when I've never seen or heard him interact with anyone at all.

Dude would file bug reports in JIRA all the time that were often just drivel that clogged up our backlog, and he assigned his own priorities to them on top of that.
His latest masterpiece; which came shortly before I got the email that he was leaving, was filing a "critical priority" bug report about a missing comma.

In other news, I had a meeting with our CEO to discuss my proposal to make my sick days unpaid or at least not pay me the full amount. In my 13 months of working there, I’ve racked up a full month of absences due to my variety of medical issues so it feels kinda unfair. My workplace is a literal utopia and I don’t really need the money so it seemed like a good way to entrench my position and not get looked at some type of way due to all my absences.

Somehow this meeting resulted in not only the CEO refusing to change my contract but giving me a €200 raise :lol:
That’s a whole €600 above market rate now for my position and entry level experience. I know she has a degree in psychology but I’m not sure what kind of logic was behind this.

Last edited:
In other news, I had a meeting with our CEO to discuss my proposal to make my sick days unpaid or at least not pay me the full amount. In my 13 months of working there, I’ve racked up a full month of absences due to my variety of medical issues so it feels kinda unfair. My workplace is a literal utopia and I don’t really need the money so it seemed like a good way to entrench my position and not get looked at some type of way due to all my absences.
I don't understand what this nonsense is you keep doing.

I work on operations side (sales strategy) for a cloud security company. Like log analytics type stuff.

This seems like a good industry to stay in long term. What’s some good basic learning I can do about cloud security. I hear buzz words like AWS, Kubernetes, Sec Dev Ops, etc all the time but I really have no idea how the cloud security space actually works.

I don't understand what this nonsense is you keep doing.
Apparently some 5d chess
Market rate for my position/experience is €1600-1700/month and somehow I’m at €2200 now
CEO should return that psychology degree :lol: I think I haven’t even said a word to her besides that meeting

Actively trying to get paid less gotta be the most European **** I’ve heard. :lol:

I know y’all labor protection is top tier too, I’m not trying to hear nothing about entrenching your position, or strategic job security.

Any of y'all in Product Management or a Product Owner? I'm working on getting my PMP to get a basis on everything and have a cert to boost the resume a bit - do you think it'll help for that role or is it even needed? I've been an analyst for a while now and looking to switch my job and possibly industry.

Any of y'all in Product Management or a Product Owner? I'm working on getting my PMP to get a basis on everything and have a cert to boost the resume a bit - do you think it'll help for that role or is it even needed? I've been an analyst for a while now and looking to switch my job and possibly industry.
Not either. But trying to slowly transition to more management roles. I took a PMP boot camp a few weeks ago and submitted my PMP application today. But I probably won’t take the test till July.

Getting the cert can only help. Experience + cert will attract more attention and demand higher salary.

PMP is for mainly for Project Management. It's not really the best for Product Management. It covers some of the basic aspects of being a Product Owner, but there are better certifications if either of those are your primary focus. That 's why I wouldn't say it's needed.

Not either. But trying to slowly transition to more management roles. I took a PMP boot camp a few weeks ago and submitted my PMP application today. But I probably won’t take the test till July.

Getting the cert can only help. Experience + cert will attract more attention and demand higher salary.
I hear you on that - I'm taking my test in June so we'll see what happens. Good luck with the application, I didn't have to go through the audit process but I did run my application by someone who had me construct my details a slightly different way.

PMP is for mainly for Project Management. It's not really the best for Product Management. It covers some of the basic aspects of being a Product Owner, but there are better certifications if either of those are your primary focus. That 's why I wouldn't say it's needed.
that makes sense. The PMP course was provided by my company and while taking it, I started thinking of how I could parlay it into something else. Product type roles stood out a little more

I got a question,
I work a corporate job where I conduct security audits so I meet a variety of vendors. I have started on the side a penetration testing startup where I provide businesses penetration testing services. At my 9-5 I met a vendor who got dropped by their IT Service provider and needs penetration testing services.
I really wanted to offer services during our meeting in person but figured that wasn't a good idea.

But now I'm second guessing myself and figure I should reach out and offer to help him out but I am unsure of how to approach it without putting my job at risk. Or should I just move on from trying to bag this customer. Any advice?

I got a question,
I work a corporate job where I conduct security audits so I meet a variety of vendors. I have started on the side a penetration testing startup where I provide businesses penetration testing services. At my 9-5 I met a vendor who got dropped by their IT Service provider and needs penetration testing services.
I really wanted to offer services during our meeting in person but figured that wasn't a good idea.

But now I'm second guessing myself and figure I should reach out and offer to help him out but I am unsure of how to approach it without putting my job at risk. Or should I just move on from trying to bag this customer. Any advice?
I would recommend my company, but would have someone else meet with them.

Back
Top Bottom