Information Technology (IT)

Lol you are hipp. Google, FB , Microsoft, start ups all companies that burn you out having you live on campus for the money, no thanks.

yup, when ever a company has a gym, day care, dry cleaners, restaurants, etc on their campus that means they dont plan on you having a reason to leave lol.

QoL is all subjective, CoL isn't there is no debate there lol.

To me, more money and affordable living = higher quality of life and more freedom

Most certainly is, Pittsburgh was named a most livable city w/ QoL being one of the key factors, yet, minorities (minus white women) aren't flourishing here forreal and the CoL is going up w/ salaries remaining bread crumbs. They're trying to turn it into a tech hub up north but it'll take a while.

But if you are making at least $60k w/o any serious debt, you can really live here and enjoy yourself, if you don't mind the lack of diversity in entertainment.

Pittsburgh was the only place I've been to where all the construction workers were White. As far as the Black population, the majority I saw either attend school or worked at a school.

Pittsburgh was the only place I've been to where all the construction workers were White. As far as the Black population, the majority I saw either attend school or worked at a school.

There's some unspoken things here. A lot of old money and property being held by old money. A lot of the people I know are involved in the community but mainly in a non-profit sense, which, while good, does nothing for the overall success of blacks in the city. There's reports about discrimination still going on here and it's being hidden and not discussed because it's the north, yet, the city never really integrated schools fully until the 80's.

I'm interested to see how things change as the tech sector gradually moves in and there is a shift from old money to newer, younger money.

There's some unspoken things here. A lot of old money and property being held by old money. A lot of the people I know are involved in the community but mainly in a non-profit sense, which, while good, does nothing for the overall success of blacks in the city. There's reports about discrimination still going on here and it's being hidden and not discussed because it's the north, yet, the city never really integrated schools fully until the 80's.

I'm interested to see how things change as the tech sector gradually moves in and there is a shift from old money to newer, younger money.

my dad lived there for a few years and hated it with a passion lol.

my dad lived there for a few years and hated it with a passion lol.

:lol: I wonder why.

Lol Pittsburgh sounds like Boston to me. Hated it up there they are racist af, some places act like they never seen a black person before 
mean.gif

Lol you are hipp. Google, FB , Microsoft, start ups all companies that burn you out having you live on campus for the money, no thanks.

yup, when ever a company has a gym, day care, dry cleaners, restaurants, etc on their campus that means they dont plan on you having a reason to leave lol.

This makes sense :lol: I'm not about that life at all.

I think I need to make a move soon. My office relocating to Norcross in a couple months which will double/triple my commute and I ain't here for it.

Lol Pittsburgh sounds like Boston to me. Hated it up there they are racist af, some places act like they never seen a black person before :smh: .

That accent :x , don't know how u dealt w/ it. I'd rather here "yinz" and "Dontan(Downtown)" before that accent :lol:

I think I need to make a move soon. My office relocating to Norcross in a couple months which will double/triple my commute and I ain't here for it.

Man, if I didn't have a family, I would do it for a couple of years for $250k/yr :lol:

yea, I just hate so many gigs are in Alpharetta and I`m SUPER straight on that commute from the city.

So for the 3 last month I got to sit in our threat analytics team in our CISO. Be safe out there on the work networks they can really seen everything. and with the tools these days you can not plead ignorance. Seen a dude get fired within 12 hours (different countries) of being profiled for downloading team viewer.

Last edited:
What are major corps in Atlanta with strong tech presence?
Airwatch by VMWARE 

PWC

AT&T 

KOCH

Coca Cola 

Verizon 

McKesson 

Cox Communication 

Turner 

HP

Just to name a few. I have friends that have worked or work at most of these places. 

Thanks, can't blame you for job hoping some companies are disrespectful with raises and promotions.

Maybe ask for 105K and then go from there if they are interested in hiring you.

Honestly if I could get my same salary in ATL and keep my clearance I'd go in a heartbeat 
laugh.gif
What do you do now I have connects here in ATL. I could put you on if you want. 

So for the 3 last month I got to sit in our threat analytics team in our CISO. Be safe out there on the work networks they can really seen everything. and with the tools these days you can not plead ignorance. Seen a dude get fired within 12 hours (different countries) of being profiled for downloading team viewer.

Could you explain further? My company uses windstream, we receive a monthly report with basic network details but I see some of the sites my team frequents, nothing NSFW but LinkedIn and at times job boards.

Where's SladeWilson when you need him?

Anyways, I'm trying to get out of IT into Biomedical Informatics, which is kind of still IT I guess. Got some online programs from reputable schools out there, can get my MS in under 2 yrs from it. If you can be like Chief Health Information Officers, even right now on usajobs.gov there is jobs out there (in GA mostly) around 140.

I know IT recruiters and Project Managers make more than I do being in IT also. IDK if it's like that everywhere, but seems so weird. The recruiters literally just pluck candidates off Monster, Indeed, and LinkedIn. It's how my boy got his IT Manager job downtown in fact, they just saw his linkedin and cold called him.

Last edited:
Could you explain further? My company uses windstream, we receive a monthly report with basic network details but I see some of the sites my team frequents, nothing NSFW but LinkedIn and at times job boards.

Wind stream is just a provider. I'm in a 100k+ sized organization so our network is built out to some degree. What I'm worried about is that there will be a lot of acess to for CISO employees when they get packet capturing as they may be able to reveal certain data that might be sensative think about having wireshark on the network. A lot of employees are treating there were devices as personal devices. We have an application that sits on the iPhone that tunnels all the data through our network and most people don't realize that. It just takes on malicious employee in the inside to have their way with your data. also on the flip side if you're doing no work things on the computer it's very easy to build a case against someone for termination, there are rules against profiling but if someone in ciso is targeting you you should just stop what you're doing

Wind stream is just a provider. I'm in a 100k+ sized organization so our network is built out to some degree. What I'm worried about is that there will be a lot of acess to for CISO employees when they get packet capturing as they may be able to reveal certain data that might be sensative think about having wireshark on the network. A lot of employees are treating there were devices as personal devices. We have an application that sits on the iPhone that tunnels all the data through our network and most people don't realize that. It just takes on malicious employee in the inside to have their way with your data. also on the flip side if you're doing no work things on the computer it's very easy to build a case against someone for termination, there are rules against profiling but if someone in ciso is targeting you you should just stop what you're doing

Oh yea they most def do that, i work for a consulting company though so being that we have a lot of road warriors they pretty much do not block anything since many people travel so much their work computer end up being their personal computers, while my last job blocked a ton of stuff because of all these industry compliance rules

Back
Top Bottom