Information Technology (IT)

Got the 1st one scheduled in January for the mcsa 2012 since I have a student discount too. I forget which 3rd course gives you an automatic upgrade to an mcse 2016, an azure cert I think, but for the price I think it's worth it.

I might just rock with the MCSA 2016 and MCSE. They don't expire so I think it could help fluff my resume and give me some good insight into Azure. As the the SQL certs, I've taken 3 SQL courses so the knowledge is pretty fresh in my mind so I`m thinking it would probably be worth it to just get some official cert for it (even though this was all towards my masters). I`m a BA so certs are not really necessary especially because I plan on eventually moving into the Product side of Software Dev, but with the discount it seems hard to pass up something like this.

Quick question for you IT professionals in here. I have a job interview on Friday for a tech support position, and I am conflicted on whether to shave my beard or not. In your collective experiences, do software companies particularly care about facial hair? I would be working a job where 99% of my interaction with clients would be over the phone or text-based. Normally i would just shave to be safe, but I have been growing this thing for 6 months and finally have it at a good length. 

It's good experience, but what's ultimately your goal? If you do take it, 6 months - 1yr max at that level, you won't be learning much more. Either move up within or move on to the next step in your career elsewhere.

And 20+ is nothing when applying for jobs, you should be clocking more.
Yeah he should be applying much more. I say accept the offer and keep applying. If something better pops up go to the other company .

Max you should work the help desk support job is 1 year you need to move on after that. You can even apply internally .

Quick question for you IT professionals in here. I have a job interview on Friday for a tech support position, and I am conflicted on whether to shave my beard or not. In your collective experiences, do software companies particularly care about facial hair? I would be working a job where 99% of my interaction with clients would be over the phone or text-based. Normally i would just shave to be safe, but I have been growing this thing for 6 months and finally have it at a good length. 

if your beard is well groomed youre good to go.

LETS GO! JUST PASSED MY SECURITY + !

Had to share it with the fam!
nthat.gif
 congrats bro

I worked at my job over a year and longest I've gone no shave trim was a little over a month. No one never said anything. I tried to keep it clean.

If anyone is looking for misc networking equipment I might be able to help. My company is getting in a lot of loose equipment that we're just getting rid of. Cisco IADs, Switches, Routers, etc.

Server Admin here.  love my job and the environment of IT.  If you would like to be set for future my suggestions are:

- firewall/networking/opsec

- blockchain technology (cryptography) Ethereum and Bitcoin

- dapps and coding

If anyone is looking for misc networking equipment I might be able to help. My company is getting in a lot of loose equipment that we're just getting rid of. Cisco IADs, Switches, Routers, etc.

Can you keep a look out for anything like this? Doesn't have to be this exact model, but I've been trying to find a decent server for the low :nerd:

View media item 2270109

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I was talmbout my job title being trash, so I put something else on my resume. One of you good people suggested I list some of my duties at work, so I'm going to do that, and if yall don't mind, let me know what type of positions you think I should be looking at going forward.

Primarily my dept is in charge of inventory for our company, which is a telecom for businesses of varying sizes. At first we just shipped, but we also wipe the incoming units, test and update the units, and sometimes preconfigure outgoing units, depending on the market. Also verifying what is in the field by remoting in to the circuits. Mainly we use Cisco 24XX, 29XX and 39XX routers, so I have IOS experience, but we also use some Adtran, Edgewater, etc. etc.

Mainly been looking at Network Admin and NOC positions, although I don't wanna talk on the phone all day lol, I'll do what I have to to do what I want to do. I like Infrastructure and think that's where I wanna stay for now. Soon as I set aside some extra spending $ I'ma sit for the CCENT so I can knock out this CCNA I've been procrastinating on, which should help.

Finish the CCNA and just call it network admin. That's probably a jr network admin role in other places anyways or you can do something like network admin/asset management. That last title sounded like you work at a supermarket.

Do you have access to engineers? Cozy up to them for some more responsibility.

Last edited:
Finish the CCNA and just call it network admin. That's probably a jr network admin role in other places anyways or you can do something like network admin/asset management. That last title sounded like you work at a supermarket.

Do you have access to engineers? Cozy up to them for some more responsibility.

I do but this company is a mess, so I'm really just trying to get outta here. My boy has been trying for other internal positions and it's been a lot of BS. Management ain't on it.

Yeah but every job has some tedious **** they don't want to do, have them toss it your way so you can put it on your resume. You're doing the work moreso for your next position, not this one.

Yeah but every job has some tedious **** they don't want to do, have them toss it your way so you can put it on your resume. You're doing the work moreso for your next position, not this one.
This. I've been working on sorts of things people don't want to do. They so glad to pass up the work that they don't even attempt to do the work initially. They just pass it on to me and then end up consulting with me when meeting time comes as of I'm their boss.

Seein all yall flourish got me feelin like a slacker right now. I feel like outside of school and mapping out when to study for my CAPM, I should be studying for something else right now.

Back
Top Bottom