Information Technology (IT)

got promotion at work with a pretty decent pay raise.

our help desk is divided into 4 teams. accounts, general IT, communications and connectivity, special applications.

i was in the communications and connectivity team for 10 month (first job out of college)

now they're creating a new team that can handle all 4 of these skills, which I, and 2 other people, got promoted into.
currently going through training. its still a help desk job, but hey i'll take it for now.

Anybody here heard of/worked for Nete in the DMV area?

One recruiter emailed me about a job offer, reviews online are mixed af about the place.

Took and passed the CRISC today. I didn’t study lol (don’t do that).

Might pursue the CSA+ and most definitely the PMP.

Anyone a DBA or SQL developer? I've been doing Customer Support for the longest and have been looking to shake things up. Tired of front lining it. Don't want to take a big pay cut moving to an entry level job in a new field.

Ideally I'm trying to get a something with a flexible schedule or a lot of remote work.

Anybody ever work for the FBI? VA? Bout to apply for both.

With those toes!!! I think your toe is on the most wanted list or the no fly list.

Jk brah. Happy new year to you and your toe.

Studying for A+, Network, and Security exams. Will post later I have a few questions from you vets in IT.

I recently passed my Security + exam. I was so dam happy that test was over. I'm going to start throwing applications out after I get my associates in server and systems administration in May.

I'm currently a 25B with a TS working in the S6 and I make good money right now. I'm hoping I can find a civilian job somewhere that has comparable wages.

Any other 25B's in here?

I recently passed my Security + exam. I was so dam happy that test was over. I'm going to start throwing applications out after I get my associates in server and systems administration in May.

I'm currently a 25B with a TS working in the S6 and I make good money right now. I'm hoping I can find a civilian job somewhere that has comparable wages.

Any other 25B's in here?
Congrats you already pass the A+? I want to say A+ was harder than Security+ because more questions to remember. I am thinking of taking my CASP but I don't really need it in current job, just don't have the motivation to really take any exams.

Thanks. But no. Honestly, I thought A+ was such a lower level cert in my mind that I never even tried to get it. Unless you need it to get your foot in the door or you have no experience with computers then I wouldn't even bother with A+.

Thanks. But no. Honestly, I thought A+ was such a lower level cert in my mind that I never even tried to get it. Unless you need it to get your foot in the door or you have no experience with computers then I wouldn't even bother with A+.

Did you go straight for security or get network+ first?

I just ordered my first network+ studying book

Amazon product ASIN 0071848223
cant stay in help desk forever so I thought in 2018 i'd finally start getting my certs

Good luck. I got a job, tentatively anyways they havent been awarded the contract, doing DIACAP to RMF translation.

If I wanted to get certified in CSA+ would I need to get Security+ and CASP before? I dont think Id have to, but need as in should I, so I can understand the material, or is it fine without Security+ and CASP

I’d say Security+ is always a good start.

I have Security+ and CASP. I’m actually studying for the CSA+.

You definitely need Security+/Network+ foundation for the higher level certifications.

What are good basic certs to obtain for someone with no experience in IT? Something that I could work towards in my spare time.

Security +

Wouldn’t most jobs ask for the A+ and Net+ As basic requirement/prerequisite?

I’m studying for security as well but one of my employers want me to have the A+ and Net+ first. I’m gonna take the sec+ but I’m not going hard on that right now.

Security+ is literally a mandatory cert if you are going to work for the government as a DOD contractor or as a government civilian.

Either way I've been there and won't go back to that industry of IT. The way things are going right now with the government shutdown period.

Civilians jobs are being fur-lowed and people aren't getting paid.

I also just mainly don't like the culture and type of people I've worked with in that IT industry.

Back
Top Bottom