Information Technology (IT)

One additional item about the interview, they asked if I had my Security+. I said no I let it lapse, however I have my CASP. "I am never taking that exam again." At least the interviewer I spoke to said I would still need to get my Security+, but they will pay for it. I said, but the CASP is a higher level exam. He said yeah it's a requirement. I can only hope that I hid the disappointment in my facial expression, might be a dealbreaker. So you are basically saying yeah come back down and take this lower level exam. But I just took the higher level exam and the material is still new, it's the newest CASP released.

Trying to get a career in Tech as well. Working on some certs then trying that 100 days of code by angela yu(udemy.)
Dealing with that Angela Yu udemy course. I hope you have lots of time to spare. IMO the process was slow. It's an amazing resource, but to time consuming when it came to my schedule.

I don't know how to write scripts, but I can at least google and find the script for what I am trying to do and edit it to match what I need from it. It's not hard at all. Now our other admin any time you mention something he'll write a script but even he admits he usually just copies them and edits them, and then leaves them on the share drive so I can use them if I need to modify it to do something relevant. Like they been going ape**** about documentation lately, they want us to have SOPs and KBs just for the sake of having them. So I use powershell to create a lot of those, boom here's a spreadsheet of all our machines and their OS, boom here;s one that shows all the ones with Windows 10, boom here's a software list for our VMs, boom here's all our VM users and their last login, etc. Granite those things are somewhat useful organizationally but more just documentation for the sake of documentation

Maaaan tell me about it. We’re in the process of doing SOPs now and it’s seriously making me contemplate looking for a new job
:lol:
. Supervisor is being so anal about it too, wanting it to be a certain way. I’m so close to telling him F this do it yourself.

Maaaan tell me about it. We’re in the process of doing SOPs now and it’s seriously making me contemplate looking for a new job
:lol:
. Supervisor is being so anal about it too, wanting it to be a certain way. I’m so close to telling him F this do it yourself.
I LOVE doing SOP's, I check out of everything put on some YouTube in the background and go to town doing screen shots, bolding the command and italicizing action. I made my SOP's dummy proof, highlighting in yellow items to be weary of. Page numbers, TOC. Every job I did them had gold after I left. Sorry we don't work together homie.

Was turned down for an internal Product Owner opening on current contract…

feedback was my boss and leads were advocating for me, customer was adamant the position needs someone with software/system engineering background, even though the role supports a business operations/finance function.

boss said customer is setting themselves up for failure with those reqs, which tells me Ive likely hit my ceiling here .

I LOVE doing SOP's, I check out of everything put on some YouTube in the background and go to town doing screen shots, bolding the command and italicizing action. I made my SOP's dummy proof, highlighting in yellow items to be weary of. Page numbers, TOC. Every job I did them had gold after I left. Sorry we don't work together homie.
Haha aww man wish you were here :lol:. I just want to get back to my daily routine :smh:
But I know it'll be worth it in the long run cause sometimes I catch myself wishing I was able to reference something about our processes.

Haha aww man wish you were here :lol:. I just want to get back to my daily routine :smh:
But I know it'll be worth it in the long run cause sometimes I catch myself wishing I was able to reference something about our processes.
Another reason I like SOP's, doing them the knowledge sinks in at least for me by doing them. I pull all that knowledge out for interviews when they ask. Tell me a particular time where you had to solve a difficult problem. I start pulling out all kinds of stuff, then going down step by step the procedures for them. Yeah type this command, go to this folder change these permissions, then go back to this window and do this because X wasn't configured properly. LOL.

Received the email yesterday moving on to second interview, they said block aside 5/6 hours for the interview. :sick: I haven't been in a 5/6 hour interview in YEARS, if ever. Perhaps Booz Allen early on in my IT career. Loving COVID came around because no more in person interviews.

Received the email yesterday moving on to second interview, they said block aside 5/6 hours for the interview. :sick: I haven't been in a 5/6 hour interview in YEARS, if ever. Perhaps Booz Allen early on in my IT career. Loving COVID came around because no more in person interviews.
They gonna send virtual lunch as well lol

I am interested in doing a coding camp and getting into the tech field. Would this be the right place to ask?

I am interested in doing a coding camp and getting into the tech field. Would this be the right place to ask?
I went to a bootcamp. Didnt know how to code at all beforehand. Took a year and some change to get a job because of the pandemic but im a front end developer now, $90k. Will most likely reach six figures this year. I have roughly 6-7 months of experience and get hounded by recruiters daily.

dakingii dakingii nice. Do you mind sharing which bootcamp you went to? I’ve been thinking about doing a masters in cs with my IT degree after taking pre reqs but that’s a long journey, and something I can do when I’m employed.

Back
Top Bottom