Information Technology (IT)

I'm in the same boat.
Worst part of IT for me has been what I actually want to do long term. I keep learning new stuff, but I need to stick to one technology.
I feel you. So many routes to go down. I guess it’s a balance of what you’re passionate in and where the money is.

My current end goal is Project Manager or IT consultant at this point.

I feel you. So many routes to go down. I guess it’s a balance of what you’re passionate in and where the money is.

If PM or IT consultant is your goal and are relatively young (under 30), check out ERP/CRM/SaaS implementation with large-to-mid size consultancies. They offer lots of client-facing experience and a few full-cycle implementations create solid resume material.

Caveat - Its certainly not for everyone, though. There can be lots of office politics along with self-important types and can be a grind if expectations of heavy travel (~50%+) exist.

Very true. Do work man. The reality is a lot of guys in this thread went through the grind and made it far up. So there's always a way.
I went from Software engineering, now I'm focusing on the cloud. I feel like it's a closer grab for me, and if I want to evolve into a software engineer later I can. But I have more certified and usable skills that bring me closer to elvating into the cloud faster.

Been teaching Computer Science and Microsoft the past 4 years. I know Python. Javascript, C++, all the basics I needed to teach AP and some intro programming courses.

This is my last year in the classroom. January of 2023 I want to be out. My only question for those who have gotten the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification and the Cloud Practitioner certification. Is it worth it competitively speaking when it comes to getting interviews?

I was planning on spending the summer to knock both out but I want to make sure it is a valuable use of my time.

I have not done any architect training. But I’d imagine it has RoI as far as checking off to an organization you know how integrate public and private cloud to deliver services the organization can use to meet business outcome and success.

I’m going to start today on slogging through this PMP cert guide. And then start the practice questions an NTer recommended at:

My brother in law gave me a referral to his company to get into entry level UCC.

hes currently a UCC engineer over there and hes willing to mentor me.

Just got done with my second interview with the senior ucc engineer and hoping to go to round 3

If I get this i'll finally get out of the service desk and be doing UCC related work. :pimp:

Just got put onto a project importing and hardening some windows server VM’s and sql databases.

Been working on Linux STIGs for two years so this is going to be fun. Hopefully leverage the experience into a program manager position.

I have most of my certs from WGU so I’m thinking of getting Azure server certs to go along with VMware certs for my job.

Bro I can't understand subnetting.

Like there's gotta be some super easy formula or something.

I don't have time to be writing down binary during an exam or making charts.

Like for example:

198.22.45.173 /26

I get the subnet mask is 255.255.255.192 since we took 2 from the next octet but after that I don't know how to get the host, broadcast or network address.

Any subnet masters here?

Bro I can't understand subnetting.

Like there's gotta be some super easy formula or something.

I don't have time to be writing down binary during an exam or making charts.

Like for example:

198.22.45.173 /26

I get the subnet mask is 255.255.255.192 since we took 2 from the next octet but after that I don't know how to get the host, broadcast or network address.

Any subnet masters here?
Do you know of the formula 2^n-2?

2^N=Remaining bits

-2= The subnet ID and Broadcast

Based on your example after borrowing the 2 bits to make it a /26, the remaining bits after borrowing the 2 would = 6.

Based off this information yiu can setup your formula

2^6 - 2 = 64 - 2 = 62.

You would have a subnet block of 64 addresses. This includes the subnet ID and Broadcast. However, once you perform the -2 portion of the formula as seen above, you're left with 62 usable addresses because the 2 that you're subtraction equals the network ID and Broadcast address since they are not assignable to hosts.

192.168.10.0 /26 = Network address

192.168.10.1 ---> 192.168.10.62. = Usable range within that subnet block

192.168.10.63 = Broadcast Address

192.168.10.64 /26 Network address

192.168.10. 65---> 192.168.10.126 = Usable addresses within that range

192.168.10.127 = Broadcast

Do you know of the formula 2^n-2?

2^N=Remaining bits

-2= The subnet ID and Broadcast

Based on your example after borrowing the 2 bits to make it a /26, the remaining bits after borrowing the 2 would = 6.

Based off this information yiu can setup your formula

2^6 - 2 = 64 - 2 = 62.

You would have a subnet block of 64 addresses. This includes the subnet ID and Broadcast. However, once you perform the -2 portion of the formula as seen above, you're left with 62 usable addresses because the 2 that you're subtraction equals the network ID and Broadcast address since they are not assignable to hosts.

192.168.10.0 /26 = Network address

192.168.10.1 ---> 192.168.10.62. = Usable range within that subnet block

192.168.10.63 = Broadcast Address

192.168.10.64 /26 Network address

192.168.10. 65---> 192.168.10.126 = Usable addresses within that range

192.168.10.127 = Broadcast
Where were you at 9 years ago when I was struggling with this in school? :lol::lol::lol:

Been teaching Computer Science and Microsoft the past 4 years. I know Python. Javascript, C++, all the basics I needed to teach AP and some intro programming courses.

This is my last year in the classroom. January of 2023 I want to be out. My only question for those who have gotten the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification and the Cloud Practitioner certification. Is it worth it competitively speaking when it comes to getting interviews?

I was planning on spending the summer to knock both out but I want to make sure it is a valuable use of my time.

I can't speak on this fully. But from What I've been seeing and learning. AWS Solution Architect is enough to get you real job offers. Especially with your background, since DevOps and Automation are heavily needed.

I learned a lot from this video. Something You might need to watch by your questioning.

I can't speak on this fully. But from What I've been seeing and learning. AWS Solution Architect is enough to get you real job offers. Especially with your background, since DevOps and Automation are heavily needed.

I learned a lot from this video. Something You might need to watch by your questioning.

Here's another cloud related interview from D'Juan. He should be bigger but of course of not the right hue

E3iZAmqXoAI_C92.jpeg

Here's another cloud related interview from D'Juan. He should be bigger but of course of not the right hue

Checked both videos out, going to go ahead and take it seriously and see what I can do. Thanks for both links I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom