Information Technology (IT)

For those doing IT support or some line of sys admin work, or anybody in here for that matter lol check out this role. I hear it’s pretty high turnover bcuz of the travel BUT it’s a way in the door. No degree required, just 3 years work experience.

got the call from my recruiter regarding the UCC position and I made it the 4th round interview..

..its a 3 hour interview with the CEO, VP of business development, and VP of operations..

idk what to expect in a 3 hour interview bruh but if this is what it takes to break out of help desk then lets go

I had an interview with Linkedin and it was 6 hours. By the 4th hour i was done and didnt even want the job anymore.

At this point im not willing to do an interview over 3 hours. Any longer and it needs to be spread out over multiple days.

what could yall even talk about for that long? No way I'd get those jobs because I'd likely doze off several times
Damn near everything. They wanted to know my hobbies and interests on top of my experience. Met the CIO and CEO along with all of HR. Was a smaller company

I'm good. Maybe if it's a small startup or family-office type vybe, but then take me out for drinks or to hang out and make it less formal, if it was a situation where like we like him professionally but let's see personally/socially if it's a good fit.

I've always been a divide work from social life person. Been easy as a teacher when most of my coworkers are old enough to be my parents.

Sidenote halfway through section 1 on this AWS Solutions Architect course. I already know like 95% of the material so far just from when I gave botting a try (I quit it, too much effort and money in it).

Sheesh 3hr+ interviews I wouldn’t even know what to do :lol:. But I guess there’s the interview and maybe a technical interview? Good stuff though NT. Love how everyone is trying to progress. Makes me realize I’ve gotten lazy again.

Had my first technical interview. Bombed it

Was for a tier two desktop support position. Didn’t expect the first round of conversation to get right into technical stuff. I didn’t stutter or appear flustered but just didn’t do well at all. Definitely not my type of interview.

Got other offers in the tuck but this one left me feeling down for a bit

Last edited:

Was for a tier two desktop support position. Didn’t expect the first round of conversation to get right into technical stuff. I didn’t stutter or appear flustered but just didn’t do well at all. Definitely not my type of interview.

What questions did they ask you?

Don’t feel bad, happened to me last Friday :lol:. One of the reasons I want to either get into management or switch fields. These technical interviews can kiss my a**.

Sidenote halfway through section 1 on this AWS Solutions Architect course. I already know like 95% of the material so far just from when I gave botting a try (I quit it, too much effort and money in it).
What curriculum are you studying?

Also I can’t see how an interview lasts more than 90 minutes!!

That is insane.

The worst interviews because they overrate the technical level and you end up not using a lot of the tech in either the interviews or the job listing. Plus every single company does things differently.

Don’t feel bad, happened to me last Friday :lol:. One of the reasons I want to either get into management or switch fields. These technical interviews can kiss my a**.
I get why some would want to interview that way but yeah I wasn’t a fan of it.

The worst interviews because they overrate the technical level and you end up not using a lot of the tech in either the interviews or the job listing. Plus every single company does things differently.
The last part was one of the issues that was prevalent.

He would ask what/how we done things at my current job, I would explain and in many cases they just didn’t translate to how he wanted me to answer him. It was as if he was belittling what I could offer based on how we’re set up at my current job.

I honestly haven’t had many interviews (I’ve been in the military until recently).

I had an interview with Cisco for a sales thing. They were asking me dumb questions/scenarios.

Ended up not doing well. I know in my heart sales isn’t for me lol. I felt like they could tell too.

Rant: I started in helpdesk so whenever I have an issue I’m not hard on them and try to give them patience. But MAN some of these T1 and even T2 techs these days :lol:

Job is pretty repetitive and these aren’t new employees. My certificates on my PIV card had expired and just needed them renewed for my LAN account and privilege account. Somehow I ended up with 2 LAN accounts then they went to fix it and ended up with 2 privilege accounts. Shoulda been in and out probably 10min tops. It’s going on an hour now :lol: :smh:

I even tried to explain to them nicely and concisely on what they needed to do. On the flip side I’ve been cooling and got a legit reason why I can’t work.

I remember talking with a recruiter from FB about a role. Then she gave me a PPT deck with study items and told me people usually take 3-4 months to prepare for the interview. Aint no way.

Not IT related but the longest interview process I had was with Reebok in 2011 for a marketing position. Started in January, got flown out in April.

Interview lasted from about 9-3 then they send you back home immediately haha. I didn’t get it. Fast forward and now I’m in IT.

Back
Top Bottom