INMATE SNEAKS CAMERA INTO NEWARK PRISON, FILMS FOR 6 MONTHS - Premiering HBO July 14

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Just finished watching it. I think a lot of these guys forgot that they are in prison for a reason. There was some OD force, but none of which made me become outraged at what I was seeing. Omar Broadway's mother did a terrible job raising him, and the glorification of his drug dealing and excuses she made for what he became was down-right pathetic.

I agree with you about Omar's mother.  She is terrible.

I remember the scene how she was talking about how Omar ran an entire block as a drug dealer with a sense of pride in her voice.
smh.gif

And I was wondering about that screencap with the I presume to be woman; how the hell did they pull that off?

Overall the film was alright, but not really what I was expecting.

Just finished watching it. I think a lot of these guys forgot that they are in prison for a reason. There was some OD force, but none of which made me become outraged at what I was seeing. Omar Broadway's mother did a terrible job raising him, and the glorification of his drug dealing and excuses she made for what he became was down-right pathetic.

I remember the scene how she was talking about how Omar ran an entire block as a drug dealer with a sense of pride in her voice.
smh.gif

And I was wondering about that screencap with the I presume to be woman; how the hell did they pull that off?

Originally Posted by toine2983

smh.gif

co-sign w. everything u said.  Dudes had big dreams in trying to expose the system, but it was a lost cause.  The only part where I raised an eyebrow was that one night when they weren't given food.  I'd be curious to know what the dude is up to now since he got released in 2009

Originally Posted by toine2983

smh.gif

co-sign w. everything u said.  Dudes had big dreams in trying to expose the system, but it was a lost cause.  The only part where I raised an eyebrow was that one night when they weren't given food.  I'd be curious to know what the dude is up to now since he got released in 2009

These prisoners want the outside world to feel sympathy for them regarding the abuse that they go threw from CO's but did any of these prisoners have sympathy for their victims which eventually landed them in prison to begin with.  You would think these film was an attempt to discover abuse at a daycare or elderly center but it wasn't.  At the end of day if you don't want to worry about getting beat up in prison by CO's, don't do any crime or crimes that will land you in prison. 

smh.gif

Yeah, that scene was quite sad.  Just showed how the ignorance is taught from one generation to the next.

Everybody in the vid was a gang member so you really couldnt feel sorry for any of the dudes at all.
Exactly.

These prisoners want the outside world to feel sympathy for them regarding the abuse that they go threw from CO's but did any of these prisoners have sympathy for their victims which eventually landed them in prison to begin with.  You would think these film was an attempt to discover abuse at a daycare or elderly center but it wasn't.  At the end of day if you don't want to worry about getting beat up in prison by CO's, don't do any crime or crimes that will land you in prison. 

smh.gif

Yeah, that scene was quite sad.  Just showed how the ignorance is taught from one generation to the next.

Everybody in the vid was a gang member so you really couldnt feel sorry for any of the dudes at all.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Dakingii wrote:

the only interesting part was dudes story of how this dude wanted to be in a gang and ended up raping his own mother.

They removed the sex scene so dont anticipate seeing it
And why on earth would we anticipate on watching a mother get raped by her own son?

nerd.gif

"
sick.gif
" is the emoticon I think you were looking for.

those were 2 seperate points, you read my post wrong

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by stepinitup

Dakingii wrote:

the only interesting part was dudes story of how this dude wanted to be in a gang and ended up raping his own mother.

They removed the sex scene so dont anticipate seeing it
And why on earth would we anticipate on watching a mother get raped by her own son?

nerd.gif

"
sick.gif
" is the emoticon I think you were looking for.

those were 2 seperate points, you read my post wrong

it was pretty good. i think the storytelling and interviews were more compelling than the actual prison footage tho. and as many have said, the subjects of the film made it really hard to sympathize.

all of the "inside" footage was kinda lame tho. not in the sense that it wasnt interesting. moreso... that it wasnt anything i didnt expect to see. the majority of the footage was dudes refusing to go in their cell... then getting snuffed. i mean, what was supposed to happen?

seems like the whole time, the prisoners were trying to draw the CO's offsides... and it (unfortunately?) never really happened. so that aspect of the film was somewhat disappointing.

there were some dope interviews tho. i think the black cop with the beret and the white dude that created STGMU spoke a lot of truth. a lot of the neighborhood dudes had some interesting insight too. omar's dad, omar's brother... the ex-inmate in the wheelchair... the dude that told the rape story. all of that stuff was mad interesting to me. all those dudes offered a bit of perspective that seemed to be lacking from the inmates and omar's mom.

speaking of that #$+%#%+.

i have a hard time judging folks based on a few video clips. but this chick seemed to epitomize what a terrible, selfish and unapologetic mother can do to ruin generations of a family. omar's brother said it himself, "omar and my mom are the same" ... and omar is the dude thats locked up for robbing a cabby with a sawed off.

every time she popped on screen, i just thought of Namond's mom from The Wire and how each one of her kids is going to have to get snuffed or locked up and make a change for themselves before they realize their mother is a piece of trash.

that may be harsh... but its already evident by her two oldest sons doing prison bids. hell, even the other son that got hit by the car. everyone blamed the dad, but she was there too... and took no responsibility. sidenote: i lol'd when the truck whizzed by that bltch in that zebra coat. i was lowkey hoping it would clip her.

bad parenting aside... what really pissed me off was all of her shameless self promotion. throughout the flick she is constantly glorifying the hood and what an angel she raised. how she visited omar every week and didnt approve of the camera. how she was always there for her kids and blah blah blah blah.

back to the camera real quick.... there is no doubt in my mind that this whole thing was her plan. this whole "Walter" nonsense is lame. im sure they used CO's to get the camera and tapes in/out ... but i fully believe the mom was behind the whole thing.

primarily because she said that she visited every week.. but she just "randomly started getting calls from Walter" without any notice. and she wanted omar to "get rid of that camera" ... but for some reason kept trying to sell the footage. whatever. there was a whole lot of shadiness with the camera that i dont really care about or care to get into. but really, the way she carried herself is what made me think she "masterminded" the whole failed brutality exposure.

a perfect example of this is at the end, when she is slanging the dvd's out of the trunk... and introduces herself as "Ms. B... CEO of blah blah blah"

like seriously... you tryna shine a light on the CO's or just make a few dollars? i think they said she "sold 32 copies" .... i bet she couldve "given away" hundreds. but, CEO's dont just give stuff away i guess.

anyway... good flick with some interesting perspectives. i recommend giving it a watch... but dont expect to be blown away by the prison footage.

it was pretty good. i think the storytelling and interviews were more compelling than the actual prison footage tho. and as many have said, the subjects of the film made it really hard to sympathize.

all of the "inside" footage was kinda lame tho. not in the sense that it wasnt interesting. moreso... that it wasnt anything i didnt expect to see. the majority of the footage was dudes refusing to go in their cell... then getting snuffed. i mean, what was supposed to happen?

seems like the whole time, the prisoners were trying to draw the CO's offsides... and it (unfortunately?) never really happened. so that aspect of the film was somewhat disappointing.

there were some dope interviews tho. i think the black cop with the beret and the white dude that created STGMU spoke a lot of truth. a lot of the neighborhood dudes had some interesting insight too. omar's dad, omar's brother... the ex-inmate in the wheelchair... the dude that told the rape story. all of that stuff was mad interesting to me. all those dudes offered a bit of perspective that seemed to be lacking from the inmates and omar's mom.

speaking of that #$+%#%+.

i have a hard time judging folks based on a few video clips. but this chick seemed to epitomize what a terrible, selfish and unapologetic mother can do to ruin generations of a family. omar's brother said it himself, "omar and my mom are the same" ... and omar is the dude thats locked up for robbing a cabby with a sawed off.

every time she popped on screen, i just thought of Namond's mom from The Wire and how each one of her kids is going to have to get snuffed or locked up and make a change for themselves before they realize their mother is a piece of trash.

that may be harsh... but its already evident by her two oldest sons doing prison bids. hell, even the other son that got hit by the car. everyone blamed the dad, but she was there too... and took no responsibility. sidenote: i lol'd when the truck whizzed by that bltch in that zebra coat. i was lowkey hoping it would clip her.

bad parenting aside... what really pissed me off was all of her shameless self promotion. throughout the flick she is constantly glorifying the hood and what an angel she raised. how she visited omar every week and didnt approve of the camera. how she was always there for her kids and blah blah blah blah.

back to the camera real quick.... there is no doubt in my mind that this whole thing was her plan. this whole "Walter" nonsense is lame. im sure they used CO's to get the camera and tapes in/out ... but i fully believe the mom was behind the whole thing.

primarily because she said that she visited every week.. but she just "randomly started getting calls from Walter" without any notice. and she wanted omar to "get rid of that camera" ... but for some reason kept trying to sell the footage. whatever. there was a whole lot of shadiness with the camera that i dont really care about or care to get into. but really, the way she carried herself is what made me think she "masterminded" the whole failed brutality exposure.

a perfect example of this is at the end, when she is slanging the dvd's out of the trunk... and introduces herself as "Ms. B... CEO of blah blah blah"

like seriously... you tryna shine a light on the CO's or just make a few dollars? i think they said she "sold 32 copies" .... i bet she couldve "given away" hundreds. but, CEO's dont just give stuff away i guess.

anyway... good flick with some interesting perspectives. i recommend giving it a watch... but dont expect to be blown away by the prison footage.

Back
Top Bottom