Installing Google Chrome....

I'm done with Firefox, $%#+ fell off, always crashing and unreliable.

Opera was
grin.gif

I'm running with IE right now,
ohwell.gif

I want to install Google Chrome, but after it initializes it gives me this message:

Instalation failed. Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that your firewall allows GoogleUpdate.exe to connect and then try again. Error Code= 0x80072ee7.

How can I get around this issue?

How do I turn off my firewall?

Bought to head to Borders to buy Computers for Dummies
grin.gif

I got that when I tried to dl it with IE
When I used AOL I had no probs; idk if thats the issue

Whatever your firewall is, open the interface and either disable it during the install or just make an exception for the updater.

[table][tr][td]
http://
[h2][/h2]

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Connection Troubleshooting[/h2]
Listed below are several possible causes of the connection error you're receiving. Please determine which of these causes may be applicable to you and follow the instructions to resolve the problem.
  • Your firewall, anti-virus software or proxy is preventing the program from accessing the Internet. In this case, you need to add it to your security software's exceptions list. If you're using Windows firewall, you can add this program by following these steps:
    1. Click Start in your Windows Taskbar and choose Control Panel > Windows Firewall.
    2. Select the Exceptions tab.
    3. Click the Add Program button.
    4. Click Browse and select My Computer from the left side of the window.
    5. Select Local Disk (C:smile: and click Open.
    6. Open Documents and Settings.
    7. Open the folder with your username.
    8. Open Local Settings > Application Data > Google > Update.
    9. Select the folder with the highest number and open it.
    10. Choose the file googleupdate.exe.

I hit a snag when I hit #8. When I open the folder with my username there isn't a folder in there with "Local Settings".
smh.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
there are some def -'s with Chrome.. i find myself switching back to IE or FF whenever i have to post an article or a pic on NT
smh.gif

laugh.gif
....at this point I'm just sticking with IE.

I mean, it isn't the best, but it seems like the most reliable.

@*+# FF'
smh.gif
. It has too many bugs.

I would like to give GC a shot, but I can't seem to be able to install it *shrugs*
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom