Interesting Article about Shaq's Disdain for Dwight Howard

This isn't surprising at all. Shaq is desperately trying to keep himself relevant. And he�forgot to mention when Bill Walton criticized Shaq (andrightfully so) for quitting on Miami and suddenly playing hard again when he got traded to Phoenix, Shaq's response was to attack Walton and say heviolated the "Big Man's Ordinance Code" and that because Walton wasn't as good as Shaq, he had no right to speak on him.

This guy has some serious ego problems.

Shaq should find it flattering that a talented big like D12 is often compared to him. If he feels to need to blast people, he should blast the analysts, notthe player(s).

I do agree with the notion, that Shaq is having a hard time realizing that the NBA is moving on without him. Thus him trying to do anything to remain relevant.Even the true Laker Nation (not the fairweather fans) and Laker organization has turned the page on Shaq. It'll be a long time before you see Shaq's#34 raised to the rafters at STAPLES Center..

And Miami and Orlando has turned the page on him. I think he got/gets off on his former team's futility after he departs.

Shaq has always been dissing other players, what I don't like is that he's trying taking the Spotlight from the Finals.

JD617 wrote:
This isn't surprising at all. Shaq is desperately trying to keep himself relevant. And he�forgot to mention when Bill Walton criticized Shaq (and rightfully so) for quitting on Miami and suddenly playing hard again when he got traded to Phoenix, Shaq's response was to attack Walton and say he violated the "Big Man's Ordinance Code" and that because Walton wasn't as good as Shaq, he had no right to speak on him.

yehh its funny shaq has no right to speak on kareem�either...so hes breaking the big man's code...hes the hypocrite

Shaq should find it flattering that a talented big like D12 is often compared to him. If he feels to need to blast people, he should blast the analysts, not the player(s).

I do agree with the notion, that Shaq is having a hard time realizing that the NBA is moving on without him. Thus him trying to do anything to remain relevant. Even the true Laker Nation (not the fairweather fans) and Laker organization has turned the page on Shaq. It'll be a long time before you see Shaq's #34 raised to the rafters at STAPLES Center..���

QFT

I know that one.
laugh.gif
"Shake my head".

Ohh ok. I always thought QFT meant "quit %++$##% talking", and FTW meant "***$ the world".
smh.gif
No joke.

[h1]As Howard grows in stature, Shaq shrinks[/h1]By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
LOS ANGELES - The greatness of Shaquille O'Neal(notes) demands that his name, his legacy, never drifts far from an NBA Finals. Even when he's long out of the league, that'll still be true. For the immortals, the lifetime benefits include the exhaustive examination of the next generation's stars to your standards.

Lost in that the rap, was the line, "That's like Kareem saying to himself that he's better than me." Well, remember this: Abdul-Jabbar averaged 22 points and eight rebounds on a Laker championship team when he was 37 years old. When I asked him how that lyric made him feel, Abdul-Jabbar said, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"The gratuitous insult? I considered the source and I slept very well that night."[/color]

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar doesn't need Shaq's approval, nor his validation. Yet, all Dwight Howard ever wanted was to be the next Shaquille O'Neal, and when did that become a crime for a young basketball player? Michael Jordan had always been secure enough in his legacy, his greatness, to embrace Kobe and LeBron.

So, yes, you have to wonder: Will Shaq ever be?

WOW lol what a comeback...... Shaq will never... ever.... ever... ever again... f. with the great Kareem............ let this be a lesson to thatsore loser. He should just retire..... on the other side, I give Howard props for not stooping down to Shaq's level... he should just brush it off and moveon..

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Don't wanna deviate from the subject, but you really think MJ is going to truly embrace Kobe or James if or when they pass him? I don't think so. Publicly maybe.
I think MJ will... Why not?
tired.gif

He knows he's considered the greatest. Deep down, he wants to be considered the greatest ever.

maybe its just me..

But these constant STUPID moments from SHAQ show me that the L.A. beef wasnt all KOBES fault...

He just thinks he can say whatever he wants and then say, IM JUST PLAYIN..

He'll probably dis the whole leauge in his H.O.F speech....

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I'm sad to hear that Shaq has become what he is.

He was my favorite during the dynasty, and I was upset to see him go at the behest of Kobe.

But now we see where the hands on the clock have come to: Shaq needs to understand his place in the NBA. No longer a spry, franchise player, but a wizened vet, someone who should be releasing his grip slowly but willfully.
typical shaq fan
indifferent.gif

yea, he use to make fun of david robinson's back problem when they went at each other
tired.gif

dont know why he got a problem with dwight, the kid looks up to him, i guess shaq doesnt like the comparison
whats the beef with kareem?

he would still bash yao, if his $$! didnt get called out for that asian imitation
laugh.gif

luckily for him, yao downplayed the whole incident and always praised shaq

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Dear God,

You havent answered many of my sporting prayers in the last decade, but I'm asking this with all my heart and soul. Please o sweet merciful Jesus, bring the diesel to cleveland. I would take that over a Cowboys playoff birth.

Thank You,

Marley
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

This isn't surprising at all. Shaq is desperately trying to keep himself relevant. And he�forgot to mention when Bill Walton criticized Shaq (and rightfully so) for quitting on Miami and suddenly playing hard again when he got traded to Phoenix, Shaq's response was to attack Walton and say he violated the "Big Man's Ordinance Code" and that because Walton wasn't as good as Shaq, he had no right to speak on him.

God i hate bil walton...worst announcer ever

All this hate on Shaq for what? Trash talking?

IMO trash talking isnt anything more than that. People take things WAAAAAAAY too serious. Let dude say what he wants.

Shaq and his humorous antics/trash talking is appreciated. He will be greatly missed when he retires.

Back
Top Bottom