international shipping concern...

I purchased a Blackberry 8320 off Ebay from a seller in Hong Kong. i got the phone and gave it to my pops, but he didn't want it anymore. He wanted to goback to his Sidekick 09. so i contacted the seller and told him/her that i was going to send it back for a full refund. the agreement was made and i shipped itback the next day. i shipped it vis USPS on November 23rd and it is now December 30th. the status of the package is still the same. i had concerns that someonewho works for USPS probably stole some packages and mine so happened to be in the bundle. i called USPS and talked to a representative and he tole me thatit's probably being held in customs over in Hong Kong. It didn't even take this long for me to get the phone when i first ordered it. has anyone elsewent through this when shipping something internationally? i'm really concerned and i'm about to have a nervous breakdown
frown.gif

that's a long period of time already.

that OLD "customs has it" excuse is getting tired to be honest (yes, I'm aware that not all mailing/postal systems are the same, but 2 months?I'm assuming this was sent through AIR MAIL, not surface)

if you: mailed AIR MAIL + insured it + have the receipt = I dont know why USPS won't open a case and go through the process of giving you a refund +insurance $$$.

call them back and ask how long you should wait until you can claim your money.

on the other hand...

you're mailing something in a time that's busy. it might be true that the package is somewhere.

It really all depends on how strict the customs policies are in the country you are mailing to.But that seems like a really long time to me.The most it tookfor a package that I sent to be received was 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by majicman

I purchased a Blackberry 8320 off Ebay from a seller in Hong Kong. i got the phone and gave it to my pops, but he didn't want it anymore. He wanted to go back to his Sidekick 09. so i contacted the seller and told him/her that i was going to send it back for a full refund. the agreement was made and i shipped it back the next day. i shipped it vis USPS on November 23rd and it is now December 30th. the status of the package is still the same. i had concerns that someone who works for USPS probably stole some packages and mine so happened to be in the bundle. i called USPS and talked to a representative and he tole me that it's probably being held in customs over in Hong Kong. It didn't even take this long for me to get the phone when i first ordered it. has anyone else went through this when shipping something internationally? i'm really concerned and i'm about to have a nervous breakdown
frown.gif

wait+wat.jpg

But yea... there's pretty much nothing that you can do except wait. I know that's not the answer you want to here but unfortunately that's how"customs" works.

It's been about a month, i'm pretty sure that's past (or close to) the waiting period before you file an insurance claim; so just wait it out...you did get insurance....right?

damnTHOSEjs: yeah, it's being delivered air mail. first class international, to be exact. it was delivered to me the same way, but it didn't take thislong for me to get it. i'm definitely going to take your advice and do that if it comes down to it. i will give it another week or 2. if the package statusdoesn't change before then, i'm going to have them to open a case to get the refund through them (USPS) thanks for the advice. i really appreciate it.

Sure is taking a long time.Damn that's why I never buy stuff from outside the US, and probably not a legit Blackberry coming from Hong Kong (no offense).

J23Diego: yeah, i've learned my lesson. only dealing with US sellers. and the Blackberry was legit. i always read carefully before bidding/buying.

KatieJade4: haha, maybe you're right.

Back
Top Bottom