International Warranties (SONY PH SUCKS)

speaking of international warranty, i would just want to share my experience with sony phil. last october i bought a sony vaio from hong kong, unfortunatelyone of its keys broke, i know its just a minor damage but having an oc attitude in me i went to sony to have it repaired since i saw in sony shops that they dosell the exact same model as mine, but when i asked the SA at the service center she told me that sony phil doesnt repair units bought outside thecountry/abroad which i think is bull**** and is stupid. one of the reasons why people buy products from international companies is because of its dependabilityand after sales service. what sony phil is doing is just plain stupid. and from what i know companies earn a lot out of servicing their products since theycharge an arm and a leg for their so called "ORIGINAL spare parts"

now i'm thinking of going to hong kong to have it serviced which is too much of a hassle. btw, does anyone here know someone from sony phil that canhelp me with my problem? i only need the clip that keeps the key and the board intact.

Not like Apple, Sony does not provide a "blanket" international warranty for their mobile products. When buying such mobile devices, from anymanufacturer, it is best to ask what kind of warranty comes with it.

They suck big time, last time out I bought two SE phones and avail of the discount coupons promo, I asked where could I get a 2gb M2 card since the discountwould only apply to memory cards that are 2gb & up. Only to learn that they still don't have a 2gb M2 in the market...or even the 1gb M2 which havealready sold out. They're still on production until they told me that they will reserve at least the 1gb or 2gb whichever comes first so I can avail of thepromo...months after that, I still have yet to hear from them
mad.gif

im not even batting for their warranty, im just asking them to fix my laptop and im willing to pay them whatever they charge, but the thing is they don'teven want to repair my laptop or do anything with it...............and this is exactly the same model they're selling in the market right now.

Originally Posted by lbj19

im not even batting for their warranty, im just asking them to fix my laptop and im willing to pay them whatever they charge, but the thing is they don't even want to repair my laptop or do anything with it...............and this is exactly the same model they're selling in the market right now.

Ouch! That sucks... Why don't you take your laptop to Greenhills? Maybe the shops there could fix your Vaio.

haven't had time yet, but already tried gilmore to no avail. its just a minor clip that keeps the button and the board together and still SONY PHdoesn't even care. thanks for the tip carlo will try gh if i get some time.

Originally Posted by soul228

They suck big time, last time out I bought two SE phones and avail of the discount coupons promo, I asked where could I get a 2gb M2 card since the discount would only apply to memory cards that are 2gb & up. Only to learn that they still don't have a 2gb M2 in the market...or even the 1gb M2 which have already sold out. They're still on production until they told me that they will reserve at least the 1gb or 2gb whichever comes first so I can avail of the promo...months after that, I still have yet to hear from them
mad.gif

boss..I think I saw one earlier sa RP Ermita Sony ericsson ..2gb M2.....meron din nun 1gb..

haven't had time yet, but already tried gilmore to no avail. its just a minor clip that keeps the button and the board together and still SONY PH doesn't even care. thanks for the tip carlo will try gh if i get some time.

Theres this one store in Cyberzone SM North Edsa just beside Mc.Donalds, they repair all kinds of laptops...

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

Originally Posted by soul228

They suck big time, last time out I bought two SE phones and avail of the discount coupons promo, I asked where could I get a 2gb M2 card since the discount would only apply to memory cards that are 2gb & up. Only to learn that they still don't have a 2gb M2 in the market...or even the 1gb M2 which have already sold out. They're still on production until they told me that they will reserve at least the 1gb or 2gb whichever comes first so I can avail of the promo...months after that, I still have yet to hear from them
mad.gif

boss..I think I saw one earlier sa RP Ermita Sony ericsson ..2gb M2.....meron din nun 1gb..

Thanks bro...but they should have released them 3 months ago when the promo is still in effect...

Originally Posted by Air Marvin

haven't had time yet, but already tried gilmore to no avail. its just a minor clip that keeps the button and the board together and still SONY PH doesn't even care. thanks for the tip carlo will try gh if i get some time.

Theres this one store in Cyberzone SM North Edsa just beside Mc.Donalds, they repair all kinds of laptops...
There is also such a shop in Megamall, adjacent to Circuit City.

Back
Top Bottom