Interview Help! (Got a job interview, not in my field, how to make it seem in it for longterm?)

Ok this isn't for me but for my girlfriend. She graduated from a community college as a Respiratory Therapist. She has the license and everything. Now she hasn't been able to get the job as a RT so is gonna settle for any front desk doctors office job. She has interviewed for a few jobs and often get's questioned as to why she is not working in her field and whether she is serious about the job. The interviewers get the impression she will quit the instance she does get a better job (which is true). Whats a good way to answer the question about whats keeping her from leaving the instance she gets a job as a RT?

Any help appreciated!!

EDIT:  Here is a pic for you beasts
24yu7n7.jpg

Ok this isn't for me but for my girlfriend. She graduated from a community college as a Respiratory Therapist. She has the license and everything. Now she hasn't been able to get the job as a RT so is gonna settle for any front desk doctors office job. She has interviewed for a few jobs and often get's questioned as to why she is not working in her field and whether she is serious about the job. The interviewers get the impression she will quit the instance she does get a better job (which is true). Whats a good way to answer the question about whats keeping her from leaving the instance she gets a job as a RT?

Any help appreciated!!

EDIT:  Here is a pic for you beasts
24yu7n7.jpg

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

with looks that good, they'll hire her on the spot. No questions asked, literally.
this

which then means she's giving off the impression that she doesn't give a              ........ honestly the only advice for her is to keep at it but she's sending the wrong vibes and her and/or your cockiness isn't helping the situation

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

with looks that good, they'll hire her on the spot. No questions asked, literally.
this

which then means she's giving off the impression that she doesn't give a              ........ honestly the only advice for her is to keep at it but she's sending the wrong vibes and her and/or your cockiness isn't helping the situation

I would tell her to not mention "staying a long time" or "in it for the long haul" - it may seem counterproductive but it would keep them honest.

My girlfriend did the same thing with her current job - it was only supposed to be a temporary thing but she's been there almost 2 years now.

I would tell her to not mention "staying a long time" or "in it for the long haul" - it may seem counterproductive but it would keep them honest.

My girlfriend did the same thing with her current job - it was only supposed to be a temporary thing but she's been there almost 2 years now.

Back
Top Bottom