Interviewing for 24 Hour Fitness Membership sales job...

I've never held a specialized sales position before so I'm a little knew on the subject. I've sold stuff at the pool I worked at like swim lessons and passes but never 24 Hour Memberships. 
Anyone with experience in sales of this type or even worked at a 24 Hour Fitness...any tips/info on sales would be much appreciated.

Being extremely confident will help out a lot! Not overtly cocky, but very confident. You want people to feel like they're missing something if they don't join the gym; like you're so confident, in great shape, and approachable because you're a member of that 24 hour fitness. IF you can give off that vibe without being intimidating or rude, you'll def. do well!!

If the person says no a couple of times it means get lost.

I hate pushy personal trainers at my gym. They interrupt my workout and try to guilt trip me into buy lessons with them.

Originally Posted by Orfiyus

If the person says no a couple of times it means get lost.

I hate pushy personal trainers at my gym. They interrupt my workout and try to guilt trip me into buy lessons with them.

Had the same interview a few years ago and bombed it. Make sure you put a high stress on getting sales and not on what the person wants. Word all your answers in a way where it sounds like your main objective is to get the membership sold regardless of what the person wants but still selling them something that meets their needs. Follow that and you will be ok. I spoke my genuine self and got deaded..later found out what I just told you. Thank me later.

i dealt with them before, i mean i pretty much already wanted the membership, so not much selling involved...

but dude selling it made no sense

next day come back on a trial pass and this chick made it clear and simple....

Back
Top Bottom