INT'L FRIENDLY: ENGLAND VS. USA

And NEW captain of England............. JOHN TERRY. Hahahahaha. My dude. I think eitherhim or Stevie will end up being permanent.

England has to figure out who their striker up front is going to be. Hopefully Defoe can step it up, he finished the season in good form.

I think this is going to be a drubbing though. 2-0 is a generous prediction.
laugh.gif

And the match is at 3:00pm est tomorrow on ESPN classic.

Sympathetic choice, Fabi has a sweet side awww
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ "new" Cap said after he took over he's going to be feeling out different players with the armband and see who is capable of leading thesquad into the WC qualifiers

4-1 England

U.S. Roster
Goalkeepers Dominic Cervi (out of contract), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA/M.L.S.), Tim Howard (Everton/England).

Defenders Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham/England), Dan Califf (FC Midtjylland/Denmark), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96/Germany), Jay DeMerit(Watford/England), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege/Belgium), Michael Orozco (San Luis/Mexico), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock/Germany), Jonathan Spector (West HamUnited/England)

Midfielders Freddy Adu (Benfica/Portugal), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers/Scotland), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen/the Netherlands),Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo/M.L.S.), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County/England), Eddie Lewis (Derby County/England)

Forwards Clint Dempsey (Fulham/England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy/M.L.S.), Nate Jaqua (out of contract), Eddie Johnson(Fulham/England), Josh Wolff (out of contract)

England Roster

Goalkeepers David James (Portsmouth), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Chris Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Phil Jagielka(Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), David Wheater (Middlesbrough), Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough)

Midfielders Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy/M.L.S.), David Bentley (Blackburn), Joe Cole (Chelsea), StewartDowning (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), FrankLampard (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Forwards
Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle),Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

England has one of the best defensive back 4's in the world, their midfield is above average...the problem is that country cant develop forwards for thelife of it. Rooney is still unproven IMO, and no one else has stepped up and taken advantage of their opportunity. England doesn't have anyone that canscore 4-6 goals for them in a major tournament.

Edit: I think the squads were named before Owen got the virus. Owen has been washed up for years now, Capello needs to move on and find a more reliablestriker to play next to Rooney.

I can't wait to rip the heads off of the 3 Lions.

US - 2
Eng - 0

I'll be up at The Globe bright and early for this one - high as a kite w/ a pint of Guinness in my hand.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!

p1_bradley_1009.jpg

(Landy's questionable now b/c of groin tightness. I really hope he plays - 26 and 100 caps....cheers my friend!)

This should be a great match for England to prepare them for the Euro 08 next week.

Tchau.

Forwards Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

sick.gif

laugh.gif
@ one Arsenal player being named to the team.

3-1 England. I'm betting on Eddie Johnson catching Rio napping for USA's single goal.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

laugh.gif
@ one Arsenal player being named to the team.
Well, I guess its not that surprising since there aren't that many English on ARS...

Terry getting the armband - Fabs... such a softy...

Becks (if he plays) physically getting his '100th' cap from Sir Bobby...
100_cap_H.jpg

and Rooney - I hope they put another striker up there with him... the 4-5-1 just doesn't work with Rooney...

I realize that, but I was just smiling wondering what Arsenal's European squad would look like if FIFA went through with the 6+5 rule for this year.

They had to make Terry captain for this, it was so obvious that Capello wanted to show his faith in Terry. It'll be Gerrard or Rio for captain though, Ithink Rio could make a good captain unless Stevie G can show his Liverpool form for England then he should def be captain.

England 2-0 though, Defoe up front and Rooney support striker.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I realize that, but I was just smiling wondering what Arsenal's European squad would look like if FIFA went through with the 6+5 rule for this year.
ahh, gotcha... my bad...
laugh.gif

but upfront... yeah, either Defoe or Dean Ashton...

I'm sorry but England is NOT going to win this game.

Frankie will score our 1st goal. (at least that's what happened in my dream)

Im gunna say 2-1 England. Rio or Gerrard really should be captain, but its obvious Terry is getting the sympathy vote

Team news AKA Starting linups...

England
No. NAME POS
1 David James (G)
5 Rio Ferdinand (D)
3 Ashley Cole (D)
2 Wes Brown (D)
6 John Terry (D)
10 Steven Gerrard (M)
7 David Beckham (M)
8 Frank Lampard (M)
4 Owen Hargreaves (M)