INT'L FRIENDLY: ENGLAND VS. USA

hmmmm... Gerrard out wide left... Liverpool fans, how often does he float out there?

JD
smh.gif
oh so close...

Gerrard with his usual act of disappearing for England, SMH!

JT with an nice header for the lead, actually, their dead-ball sets have been pretty good so far.

Too bad the United States don't have Landon to take his signature penalty kick.

Wow Meola was beasting in that old game against England.

you know, I didn't think Gerrard was that bad... if anything, Lampard was sorta lost in the mix... take Lamps off, bring on Joe Cole to the left and bringGerrard back to the middle... but what do I know... probably firesale changes for the 2nd half...

laugh.gif
@ one Arsenal player being named to the team.
laugh.gif
@ you failing to realize Arsenal only has two Englishplayers.

English players are generally under-skilled and over-priced.

I'm not watching this game because both teams suck but I wonder how long it'll take before Capello realizes Lampard and Gerrard can't worktogether.

Lampard has like no room to operate, and he is solely a link-up man. He did a mediocre job today, but I don't know why people expect more from him.

2-0 Stevie

Originally Posted by LA Laker Devotee

Gerrard with his usual act of disappearing for England, SMH!

Sometimes i think i watch a different game than other people. Stevie G was man of the match whilst playing out of position. He should never have beenplaying out left. Joe Cole or Ashley Young would have been better, especially in a friendly that was always going to be a snooze.
David Bentley was disappointing as he has been in every England game i've seen.

We played better when lamps was subbed. Coincidence, i think not. Either Hargreaves or Barry should have his spot.

USA were just poor. All that early hype about Freddy, he didn't Adu very much.

Originally Posted by sneakerlover88

They had to make Terry captain for this, it was so obvious that Capello wanted to show his faith in Terry. It'll be Gerrard or Rio for captain though, I think Rio could make a good captain unless Stevie G can show his Liverpool form for England then he should def be captain.

England 2-0 though, Defoe up front and Rooney support striker.

Called it

^ ya he got in towards the end....
good lord USA look pretty god awful out there, no chemistry whatsoever

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^ ya he got in towards the end....
good lord USA look pretty god awful out there, no chemistry whatsoever
good dude owes me $100 just maken sure he got a check.... Edu if you see this i want my money man lol......

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Carlos Tevez, the NT'er, is French-Canadian. His government name is Simone.

To the other dude who said "si" I watch soccer so I know Carlos Teves is from Argentina, so yeah I was referring to the NTer. He's reallyCanadian?

Back
Top Bottom