Introducing the Microsoft Surface

the Pro version is hot but why would i get that over the macbook air when the prices are nearly the same and the air is actually THINNER?
the RT version is hot but why would i get that over the ipad when the prices are nearly the same but the resolution is worse on the RT?
I really wanted a tablet, but I have an MB Air so buying the Pro version makes NO SENSE when its thicker than my air..
buying the RT version makes no sense because its subpar to the ipad... and I really don't wanna buy an Ipad and be an apple fan boy lol.
decisions decisions.

I kinda feel you on that.

i think the hybrid concept will eventually change the game and Windows 8 will propel Microsoft back into dominance....once Microsoft glass takes off with the new XBOX 720 and developers start creating desktops quality apps that also work on W8 mobile devices...but unless the Surface is a must have, 5 star type of product - they just gave Apple another year and a half to scoop up market share and adjust their gameplan to compete.

I'm either getting the Surface Pro or the MacBook Air/13 inch Pro.

The dust should be settled around December/January. I'll decide then.

Last edited:
C'mon son, is Microsoft trying to be competitive? I don't see this going anywhere to be honest, seems just like the Zune; amazing hardware, but poorly priced and late to the party.

^Xbox was late to the party too though and look what happened.  The Windows brand already has like 85% market share so people are automatically gonna buy new Windows 8 machines.  They're late but I think they finally got it right this time.  They finally merged all their devices into a seamless ecosystem.  The PC/tablet with Windows 8 being their most touch-centric OS able to run older Windows apps and Metro apps.  The media device with the Xbox and Kinect, and Windows Phone. I give them 1-2 years to see what happens then I think it would be a better indicator on how they'll do with this. 

^Xbox was late to the party too though and look what happened.  The Windows brand already has like 85% market share so people are automatically gonna buy new Windows 8 machines.  They're late but I think they finally got it right this time.  They finally merged all their devices into a seamless ecosystem.  The PC/tablet with Windows 8 being their most touch-centric OS able to run older Windows apps and Metro apps.  The media device with the Xbox and Kinect, and Windows Phone. I give them 1-2 years to see what happens then I think it would be a better indicator on how they'll do with this. 

You're talking two completely different markets.

^Exactly, he was talking about the Zune which is a completely different market too. We were talking about MS products in general. 

The Surface RT seems to be selling like hotcakes before it even hits the market.

Pre-orders already sold out in the US and UK.

Can't wait for the reviews to start popping up this week.

I want it but it's out of my price range. It would've been great to have if it released before the start of the semester since i'm always doing projects on Microsoft Office.

Microsoft is the Reebok of the tech world.
roll.gif

not a surface but (at least imo) a better look into windows rt.
slightly more interested but these devices are still priced too high imo

All of the major players picked this week and next week to unveil their new 10" tablets... Nexus 10, Surface RT, and iPad 4th gen. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

All of the major players picked this week and next week to unveil their new 10" tablets... Nexus 10, Surface RT, and iPad 4th gen. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Hell yeah, I love the competitiveness of them stepping their games up and making better products. 

Never been too happy about how things turned out at MS when Bill left and Ballmer took over. But I'm still rooting for them. After using the W8 RC, it's hands on...I would strongly consider copping this

not a surface but (at least imo) a better look into windows rt.
slightly more interested but these devices are still priced too high imo

Buttery. :pimp:

Really impressed with Windows 8 on mobile devices.

Multitasking and the GUI blows iPad and Android tabs out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom