INVINCIBLE Official Series Thread - Amazon Prime - Season 2

The thread shall be dead now the season and who knows how long it’ll take them to churn out the next one.

I spoiler tag but I’ll refrain from talking about the graphic novel. If someone does, I’ll just PM them.

Finale was cool, left a lot of questions but still set things up for what's to come moving forwards.

Seeing Debbie's evolution from how low she was at the start of the season to where she is now and the renewed lease on life she has with Oliver now was cool to see.

Also love perspective that we got through Donald's story this season, don't often get that from a lot of these series.

Sterling K Brown absolutely crushed the role of Angstrom Levy this season :pimp:

Hope we don't have to wait as long between seasons this next time but there's so much going on with the story that I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it before 2026.

Was good to see Mark finally going all out for a change, he'll need to get used to that and more comfortable with doing what's necessary with what's headed his way. Viltrumites and others...

The Dupli-Kate reveal was nice.

The Spidey and Bats cameos were well done :lol:

Finale was cool

Was good to see Mark finally going all out for a change, he'll need to get used to that and more comfortable with doing what's necessary with what's headed his way. Viltrumites and others...

The Dupli-Kate reveal was nice.

The Spidey and Bats cameos were well done :lol:
Licensing robbed us of the original cameos which were those characters lol. When we got the Spidey scene I was like something is different lol. But it works under the guise of the multiverse Angstrom was sending Mark to.

For those who have read the comics/graphic novels.

Is the show far enough along that I can read Compendium #1 without spoilers?

For those who have read the comics/graphic novels.

Is the show far enough along that I can read Compendium #1 without spoilers?
Compendium 1 seems to go up to where season 2 left off. I’d recommend reading the whole thing. That way you can appreciate the differences (some would say woke).

One thing…not conveyed in the animated series was the incredible Ryan Ottley art. The art in the show is pretty mundane whereas the original comic series was highlighted by Kirkman’s writing and Otleys art.

Also the artist at the end of the series was great too.

We're probably years away from seeing some of the more interesting characters on the show. Thragg, Conquest, Dinosaurus, etc. Not to mention some interesting developments when it comes to heroes already on the show.

Having read the comic hasn't taken any joy out of the show for me. I think I like the show better because of the comics.

You can read the whole thing for free online.

We're probably years away from seeing some of the more interesting characters on the show. Thragg, Conquest, Dinosaurus, etc. Not to mention some interesting developments when it comes to heroes already on the show.

Having read the comic hasn't taken any joy out of the show for me. I think I like the show better because of the comics.

You can read the whole thing for free online.
I think mentioning things, characters, events is what irritated old boy. You mentioned major character names that by themselves are benign. But you and I know what’s on the horizon. We’re talking Man of Steel on steroids. Dragon Ball Z on Steroids. Ultimate Spider-Man with a violent twist. And a bit of comic book satire.

Honestly the pace is killing me… and rhis finale was meh to me..They introduce black brainiac on episode one and everything else pops off and boom he’s there in the finale?

Also when Omni man said he misses his wife, which one? 🤣🤣🤣

That makes me wonder how many planets omni-man took over before earth. There’s 2 wives that were shown on the show and the bug one dead by now.

Injustice is the closest you're going to get. I'd imagine its hard to make a compelling game(or story, IMO) about a invincible main character. EVERYBODY can't have access to kryptonite.

so in the 50 years of gaming, not even one good Superman game outside of a fighting game? Mark has to fly lol. But he won’t have heat ray. So he’s just punching ish.

dwayne-wade-i-love-it.gif

Back
Top Bottom