iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Copping the Mini next week. 16GB. Probably an apple tv along with it. I am personally not worried about the resolution. I use my friend's ipad 2 and it doesn't bother me at all

got my 32GB in the mail today (2 days earlier than the estimated arrival, shout-out FedEx). loving this lil guy, had 0 plans to get an iPad until they made a smaller version & this mini is perfect.

already got HD rips of Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Knight, TDKR, Sin City, & Superbad on it :smokin

next up, Regular Show season HD rips

Check out Machinarium. It's on sale right now for $.99.

You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
if you already got a torrent app for your Mac/PC, check out this dude's iTunes-ready movie rips; most are available in 720p (smaller file size, look GREAT on iPad mini) or 1080p

please respond

i use it to stream movies like i would on my computer. think of "let me watch this now" but with many more links. you can also put custom backgrounds and stuff like that. but i pretty much have netflix plus navix (google it) plus icefilms and i can watch any movie out there, even new ones that just came out. i just saw django on it last night dvd rip :smokin

pimp.gif
My lady copped my one for Christmas. Gonna scan this thread for recommended apps/games

I am posting from it now. How do I get the names of my google contacts to actually show up in iMessage?

You have to add your gmail account under Microsoft Exchange to sync your contacts.

Some apps to DL
Sonic Jump
Melodies (stream all of your google music)
Spotify
Facebook
Download Manager Pro
Hulu+
Sonic Racing
Cut the Rope
Puffin (plays flash)
Age of Zombies
Good reader
Surgeon 2
The Walking Dead
NPR Music
NBA Jam
Machinarium
Coach's Eye

I was considering the iPad mini but I could not get around the fact that they simply stuffed an outdated version of the iPad into a smaller package and touted it as something "brand new". Why couldn't it have the same specs as the iPad 4? Those greedy capitalists.....

^ :smh: have you even used one?

iPad Mini has a higher pixel density than iPad 2 (163 PPI vs 132 PPI). Unlike the iPad 2, it has 5 MP and 1.2 MP cameras and the Lightning connector. The audio processor in iPad Mini is the same found in iPhone 5 and iPad 4th generation, which allows the iPad Mini to have Siri and voice dictation unlike the iPad 2. The iPad Mini has a revised version of the PowerVR SGX543 series, with dual core graphics.

it's NOT outdated, has better internal parts than the iPad 2 did, Siri, a Lightning port for faster syncs, & revised audio/video processors on the level of the iPhone 5

Last edited:
Alright glad I found this thread...

Anyway, the wifey wants an iPad mini really bad... so i'm trying to surprise her! But sell me this product NT. Why should I buy this tablet over the others? (Nexus, Nook, Kindle... ect)

Also, what's a good price for the 16, 32 and 64?

^ :lol: was thinking the same thing. she clearly WANTS an iPad mini & not a substitute, just buy her the damn thing

^ :smh: have you even used one?

iPad Mini has a higher pixel density than iPad 2 (163 PPI vs 132 PPI). Unlike the iPad 2, it has 5 MP and 1.2 MP cameras and the Lightning connector. The audio processor in iPad Mini is the same found in iPhone 5 and iPad 4th generation, which allows the iPad Mini to have Siri and voice dictation unlike the iPad 2. The iPad Mini has a revised version of the PowerVR SGX543 series, with dual core graphics.

it's NOT outdated, has better internal parts than the iPad 2 did, Siri, a Lightning port for faster syncs, & revised audio/video processors on the level of the iPhone 5

no retina...

not worth the money, why release a product with an old screen while everything else has retina.

If it was $200... sure but for $350 after taxes and it doesnt even have a retina? :rofl:

^

Chances are your girl doesnt know tech like that, so she isnt familiar with other options. While there may be "better" options, she might not necessarily maximize those better tablets cause she might just use it for the basics or sake of having an tablet all together. Do her a favor and just get it for her. You know she'll love it, its user friendly and looks nice. Like I said, might be better options but IMO the iPad looks the best and does the simple things well, im sure thats all she wants it for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom