Iphone 2g Help!

Hi, I have an Iphone 2g and it was unlocked by someone. All of  a sudden today it stopped working and now only the little usb itunes picture is on display and if I slide to open it says emergency calls only. Any way to make my phone work again, or somehow unlock it from this stage? Any help would be appreciated.

You cant unlock from that stage, Gonna have to restore but before you do anything what firmware were u on before it messed up?

what do you mean what firmware? I'm not sure because I haven't connected it to the computer for god knows how long, and I have never unlocked it myself someone else did it for me. When i went to systems about it said something like 1.1.4 or so..

You're going to have to give it to someone with AT&T to get it back to where it was. Send it to me and i'll fix it for you and update the firmware.

and what steps do I take after restoring the phone?
edit: Okay i restored the iphone from itunes and the usb itunes picture shows up, and itunes tells me lets get started registering your phone with Apple. Any way to unlock it from this point?

jailbreak pretty much gives you more options to use on the phone. themes, hacks, etc.

unlocking it is using the phone with another carrier other than AT&T

Originally Posted by alex onee

i thought unlock and jailbreak were the same thing? what's the difference?

Jailbreaking is essentially changing the firmware that will allow a user to use parts of the firmware that developers kept hidden from customers.

Unlocking is making your phone accept sim cards from other carriers. I.E. using a t-mobile sim card in an at&t phone and vice versa.

so is there any way for me to unlock the phone, or how may i go about doing so? cause essentially i need it to work with the sim card i have in it right now. btw thanks for the helpful replies.

thank you guys so much, I just got it to work. I only have 1 more question. I am trying to get apps from the app store but it is telling me that I need to version 3.0 or higher. My about says my iphone is a 2.2.1, does this mean I have to jailbreak it now or is there another way around it?

Back
Top Bottom