iphone help

my friend just gave me his 2g iphone because he got a 3gs now. so i fully restored the iphone and now itunes is asking me to activate it and i dont want to getcharged with an activation fee or data plan. is there a different way to do this and im an existing att member.

you wont get an activation fee if your att already. just put in ur sim and it should be good. on itunes i think it says existing customer or something. if notgo to att store

u wont get hit with a fee. trust. Call at&t cust. care tommorow. Or put your sim in now and select the $20 data plan and keep it moving. You HAVE to takethe data plan

talk to att people. i saw a guy with some III's on and asked him. he hooked me up.
laugh.gif
we talked about nt for a bit before he hooked me up

they gonna find out u got an iphone no matter what. just activate on itunes and keep it movin

so if i activate it and get the data plan...can i call tomorrow and tell them to cancel/delete the data plan?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Way to copy a name
smh.gif
smh.gif

i joined nt before you did.....and guys what if i activated it through itunes jail broke it and unlocked it and go to att tomorrow and cancel the dataplan...would they let me???

Just jailbreak it with blackra1n, then download Diskaid, then in a folder in private > var in the iphone there is a folder called lockdown, delete that.Just did it myself, no data plan needed
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 23mjordan45

Way to copy a name
smh.gif
smh.gif

i joined nt before you did.....and guys what if i activated it through itunes jail broke it and unlocked it and go to att tomorrow and cancel the data plan...would they let me???
Well damn....anyway, I'd jailbreak it, and not use any of the data using apps (safari, mail, stocks, youtube, etc....) without wifi enabled.

what is lockdown?

it's a folder that codes for the "please activate in itunes" feature of the iPhone. Meaning if you delete it the iphone cant do that to youanymore.

Way to copy a name
smh.gif
smh.gif

i joined nt before you did.....and guys what if i activated it through itunes jail broke it and unlocked it and go to att tomorrow and cancel the data plan...would they let me???
Well damn....anyway, I'd jailbreak it, and not use any of the data using apps (safari, mail, stocks, youtube, etc....) without wifi enabled.

It won't let you connect to any of the apps requiring data if you don't have data anyways. I've have a jailbroken iPhone with Tmobile for awhilebefore I added the data plan.

Way to copy a name
smh.gif
smh.gif
I wouldn't be talking seeing as though 23mjordan45 has been a member longer than you.
smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

JR5

Back
Top Bottom