iPhone OS 4.0 Event- Multitasking, iBooks, Gamecenter confirmed etc vol. APPLE LATE PASS!

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Very interesting. Only iPhone 3GS and the latest iPod touch will getmultitasking. The 3G and 2nd gen iPod touch will get some stuff. iPhoneEDGE is left out.

this just pissed me off, like really, no love for the 3G?
FU apple for tryna get me to upgrade.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Meh. 

As sweet as the iPhone is, I get tired of Apple showing up late to the party and then having the general public declare what they do as innovative.  Like most of these features have been standard on smartphones for awhile now.  Multitasking?  App folders?  Big deal.  
laugh.gif

Bottom line is that while Apple products are good, they've managed to secure a consumer base through marketing that will revel and "ooh and ahh" at anything they put out and declare as "new".  You gotta give Jobs props for that.  It reminds me of Nike and all their gimmicks over the years--Shox, Flywire, etc.  None of that crap really works, but the marketing and thought of it appeals to people so it sells.   
You're scoffing at what the majority of naysayers and people against buying an iphone have been complaining about for awhile now so....yeah. It is kind of a big deal.

I still want a WP7 handset though.
laugh.gif

The zune-like interface is slick and smooth.
pimp.gif

Not really scoffing at it--just calling it how it is.  I'm glad for iPhone users that they're finally getting what everyone else has had and what they've wanted.  It's a dope device and this will make it that much better.  But I still find it ridiculous that this stuff is just now being implemented and that it receives this much fanfare.  What's next for them to be a few years behind on? 

welp, guess i'm not updating anything at all and just waiting til the new iphone drops in the summer. 3g ftl.

Originally Posted by debs 168

welp, guess i'm not updating anything at all and just waiting til the new iphone drops in the summer. 3g ftl.

seems like us 3G's get everything but multi-tasking, as disappointing as it is at least we still get something, i use multi fl0w anyways.

ahhhh damn! the 3g not gettin the multi-tasking feat. kinda hurt my soul lol

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Apple doesn't bring out features until they're perfect. So, I really don't care how slow they are compared to others. Like... Windows been had multi-task, but i'm not running out to get a windows mobile phone.
this
KingRamey wrote:
NO ONE is seeing Apple

NOTHING is seeing the iPhone

GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN
and this.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Apple doesn't bring out features until they're perfect. So, I really don't care how slow they are compared to others. Like... Windows been had multi-task, but i'm not running out to get a windows mobile phone.
This is why I don't complain about games, movies, electronics, and CDs being late. As long as I'm aware that they are a dependable company I have no problems with this. Devices like HTC can have those features early, but I rather have "perfection/polished" and "practicality" over rushed/incomplete products and a "hit or miss" method.

^^^Ditto, and also, are the 8gb iPod Touches that came out late last year along with the 32gb and 64gb considered 3rd gen in this case?

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Will this new update also be available for the iPad?

Multi-tasking would be great.

Its called IPhone OS 4.0 update for a reason..
laugh.gif

Wait your turn..
Umm...the last time I checked, iPad ran on an iPhone OS.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

^^^Ditto, and also, are the 8gb iPod Touches that came out late last year along with the 32gb and 64gb considered 3rd gen in this case?

Nope... because those werent even upgrade with the 32/64. It was just a price drop on the same hardware.

Official Word on compatibility:

"The original iPhone and 1st Generation iPod touch are excluded from iPhone OS 4 compatibility, while the 3G and 2nd Generation iPod Touch exclude multitasking abilities. Customers will have to have an iPhone 3GS, 3rd Generation iPod Touch, or iPad to access the full feature set including multitasking. "

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Official Word on compatibility:

"The original iPhone and 1st Generation iPod touch are excluded from iPhone OS 4 compatibility, while the 3G and 2nd Generation iPod Touch exclude multitasking abilities. Customers will have to have an iPhone 3GS, 3rd Generation iPod Touch, or iPad to access the full feature set including multitasking. "
Dammit, I thought maybe there was a chance it could be considered so because when I jailbrake it, its tethered as oppose the older 2nd gens that became untethered. But I guess that has nothing to do with it. Oh well, I'll just take the other new features until the new iPod touch model comes out later this year. Still appreciate the update nonetheless, thanks for clearing that up.
happy.gif

This news is biggest for the iPad, IMHO.

Sales will go through the roof now with an OS update looming. Fall is a way's off though.
grin.gif

All those "iPad killers" weren't expecting this...

I wasn't expecting it either. Leave it to Apple.

Back
Top Bottom